OT Three Wheeler Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

weezy

OT Three Wheeler Question

Post by weezy »

Would anybody on here be willing to make a snow plow mount for my Honda Big Red 250es?This is what they look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4jS3SKmBQ

I can send the dimensions like how big the gap would need to be for the front tire,length,etc, etc.
one shot scott

Re: OT Three Wheeler Question

Post by one shot scott »

Its too bad theres no video of him actually plowing. That thing will go in a straight line ok(with chains), but steering while pushing snow is going to be almost impossible
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
weezy

Post by weezy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGLbuhm ... re=related
this is with the 250sx plowing too which is lighter than my Big Red 250es...Doesnt look like it does too bad and I would just use it for my 200 yard straight driveway.

That guy that wrecks at the end is probably really :oops:
munch

Post by munch »

thing will steer better with a chain on the front wheel.truckers did that at one time going threw the mountains so ive heard
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Having just cleared the accumulation of the last storm that hit with my 4 wheel drive ATV and 50" plow I'd be very interested to see if this 'project' will work at all. Since the weight of the blade gives the (front) wheels their traction, therefore, a 3 wheeler will likely have very little traction; esp in reverse when the blade us up so as to actually lift the back wheels somewhat.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
weezy

Post by weezy »

It'll work fine,Cycle Country actually made a plow specificaly for the Big Red three wheeler back when they were still making them.They are hard to find but plows on these ATC'S work pretty good from what ive seen.The back end isnt as light as you might think even with a plow on the front.My neighbor has a custom made one on his Yamaha 3 wheeler which is about 75 pounds lighter than my Honda and recently plowed the 6 and a half inches of snow we got with it.I watched him and he didnt have much trouble at all with it but he could have used a chain on the front wheel so he would have better traction when turning with the plow down.

I may just take a crack at making one myself.My welding skills are so so but it's worht giving a shot I guess.Hard parts gonna be figuring out a lifting mechanisim for the blade because I dont have a winch on it.