Scopes we use on our CB's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Scopes we use on our CB's

Post by vixenmaster »

Heck ppl none of us are the same but in general appearance. So one persons great scope isn't a good choice fer others. I ain't wearing yer shoes so my likes will be diff than yers. Back when i bench shot matchbooks i use higher powered rifle scopes & they're not the best choice fer hunting of most game animals 30 yds & less. My eyes are no longer 20/20 & i don't have the funds fer glasses, but i can either use or purchase a scope fer less than the cost of glasses to hunt. I have several that are in my box so i am in fair shape. So what you see & what i can see maybe diff. Like you see great & a 2x or 3x scope is great fer you where as i will need at least a 4x to see a snuffcan at 30 yds. Fine xhairs fer me suck at this time & ferget anything that has any red or gn light & its real dim like early mornings. All i see is a dang glow of red or gn in my eye as it blinds me. As it gets light & or the sun shows well then i can use them as i do my red dot, but i may have to pass several deer before it gets light enuff fer me to see with it. So later in the season i just take it off my mount put a scope on it. Thick xhairs are great fer me as it don't matter if'en it takes up few inches on a deers chest its still min of deer. I hope i got the mud puddle stirred up well :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rt2bowhunter

Re: Scopes we use on our CB's

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Thats whats great about these forms. You get a lot of ideas some suit you and some me.And the next guy might like something else. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong. In the end its all good. Most of the time :D
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Could not have said it better! :D
One thing I am confused about...the excal scope's are made for xbow's, hence the 30-40yd chevron's...if you use a rifle scope for better light gathering or thicker rectile...how do you sight in ?
Do you sight in crosshair for 30yds then compensate for 20 and 40 ?
Just wondering!!
Thanks!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
masboy

Post by masboy »

thats what i do long as youknow the range no problem . called kentucky windage and elevation.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

When i set-up any of my stands or ground blind i pickout big trees or landmarks then i pace them off. That lets me knowed how fer i can shoot & not shoot under one & miss. I prefer just a thick duplex & sight in fer 30 yds, my 20 yd rise is known & i aim few inches lower. If you get confused on range you can drive colored stakes to match 20 & 30 yds. Past that its really too far fer my old vixen
Half Bubble Off BD360

redwolf

Post by redwolf »

JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY USES A SHOTGUN SCOPE ON CROSSBOW, LIKE A TURKEY SPECIFIC STYLE.
wabi

Post by wabi »

redwolf wrote:JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY USES A SHOTGUN SCOPE ON CROSSBOW, LIKE A TURKEY SPECIFIC STYLE.
Not turkey specific, but I use a Leupold 2-7x shotgun scope w/duplex reticle. On 2.5x the duplex "posts" can be used (with my Phoenix) for +/- 10 yard sighting. (with the crosshair sighted at 25 yards the top post is on at 15 & the bottom at 35)
I see no real need for multiple aiming points for my hunting setup, though. I sight in at 25 yards and a "center of the kill zone" hold on a deer is good for a lethal hit from 0 - 30 yards. Where I hunt almost all shots end up being under 20 yards, so it works fine for me.
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

unclefester wrote:Yea I shoot most of my deer under 35 yards and I use the Vortex 2.5-10x50mil.
http://vortexcanada.net/products/rifles ... brite.html

Great scope in low light.

Ken.
hehehe wish I had a scope sponser, then I could run high end scopes too with the discount.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Will firing a crossbow damage a scope made for rifles? I had to buy a special scope for my dad's Feinwerkbau air rifle because I was told the recoil will damage a regular rifle scope. Any problems with the crossbows with this? Gary
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

I understand spring air rifles have a Reverse recoil than the firearm .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have never had a rifle scope go bad using it on a CB. I have several of them
Half Bubble Off BD360