Lumenok Bolt with an Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Silver_Fox

Lumenok Bolt with an Equinox

Post by Silver_Fox »

Merry Christmas all! I just received a new Equinox for Christmas and was wondering what bolt/broadhead combinations others are using and would recommend. Are any of you using the Lumenok bolt and if so what broadhead are you using with it.

Thanks
georgiaboy

Re: Lumenok Bolt with an Equinox

Post by georgiaboy »

:mrgreen: Boy was santa good to you!! I'm jealous!!!!!!!
Congrats on your new bow...you will LOVE it!!
I shoot the ibex...using firebolts and 100gr spitfires...deadly accurate!! I shot the rage two blade for a little while,also deadly accurate.
I tried fixed blades but I could not get the same accuracy.Most folks I read here using fixed blades are shooting slick tricks...read a lot of good things about them!
I don't know a lot about the lumenock's...but I do know they will add a little weight to the back of your arrow...so if you use them check your f.o.c, may have to shoot a little heavier broadhead.
Good Luck!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

TRY re-served YOUR Equinox WITH Halo braid - .030 THIS WORKS WELL. IF YOU CANT FINE IT HERES A LINK http://www.hmbowstrings.com/accessories.html Get a back up string put the Halo braid - .030 on it then it all to ez i use the Flemish Fast Flight String Halo braid - .030 on it and NAP Spitfire pro with Custom Arrows by crazyfarmer or just get a boo string :twisted:
Equinox
Custom Arrows by crazyfarmer
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I'm using Gold Tip Laser II's with QuickFletch QuickSpin 2" vanes and I've used both 100 grain Slick Tricks and 125 grain G5 Strikers. Both broadhead combinations were very accurate with my Firenocks.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

I use Firebolts with 100 grain Muzzy 4 blade broadheads.
The blood trail is amazing.
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

georgiaboy wrote::mrgreen: Boy was santa good to you!! I'm jealous!!!!!!!
Congrats on your new bow...you will LOVE it!!
I shoot the ibex...using firebolts and 100gr spitfires...deadly accurate!! I shot the rage two blade for a little while,also deadly accurate.
I tried fixed blades but I could not get the same accuracy.Most folks I read here using fixed blades are shooting slick tricks...read a lot of good things about them!
I don't know a lot about the lumenock's...but I do know they will add a little weight to the back of your arrow...so if you use them check your f.o.c, may have to shoot a little heavier broadhead.
Good Luck!!!
Thanks, Can a lighted nock be put on the firebolts? Or are these a lighted bolt like the lumenoks?
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Congradulations on the Christmas present

I am shooting Firebolts with 90 grain brass inserts and 100 grain Excalibur Xact mechanical broad heads with lumenoks (455 grain) from my Equinox
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
bullfood

Post by bullfood »

I use firebolts w/150gr Boltcutters . My bow is an Exocet 175. Was using 125gr but found the added weight of the Luminoks had a serious affect on consistency and accuracy. Went to Gagnon's in Oshawa where Craig recommended the switch to 150's and found the difference amazing , 1" groups consistently at 35 yds. I have shot 2 deer at 27 and 30yds and both shots passed through and had short recoveries.
exocet 175
varizone
Flemish Dyna Flight
Fire bolts
150 gr bolt cutters
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Equinox,G.T. laserII's 110gr.brass insert Thunderhead 125"s.Shoot and kill great!
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

Hazmat wrote:Congradulations on the Christmas present

I am shooting Firebolts with 90 grain brass inserts and 100 grain Excalibur Xact mechanical broad heads with lumenoks (455 grain) from my Equinox
Is it possible to add lumenoks to the Firebolts? I was told by the salesman that I would need to buy lumenok bolts.
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

save your money dont buy thunder heads work good on my 4runner bow but not a good crossbow BROADHEAD if i was you i try Slick Trick or Mechanical Broadhead i use Spitfire XP ProSeries 125 3-Bld work great ez set up i can shoot this 50yards DEAD ON :D
Equinox
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Thunderhead 125's shoot 2" group at 40 yardsout of my Equinox!
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

EZKILL wrote:save your money dont buy thunder heads work good on my 4runner bow but not a good crossbow BROADHEAD if i was you i try Slick Trick or Mechanical Broadhead i use Spitfire XP ProSeries 125 3-Bld work great ez set up i can shoot this 50yards DEAD ON :D
What bolt are you shooting this on?
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

Crazyfarmer's Custom Arrows

check him out a good guy makes some great arrows he is on this forum talk to him
ask him aboat the broad heads he help you out :D

stay a way from them thunder heads broadheads like i said i shoot the Mechanical Broadhead i use Spitfire XP ProSeries 125 3-Bld if you dont like Mechanical try Slick Trick a lot of guys have good luck with them on this forum and some other broadheads
Equinox