What did Santa bring you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Re: What did Santa bring you?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Hey WELCOME!! to the forum great people here enjoy your new bow if you ever want to sell the Excalibur it will sell quick on the trading post :wink: :D
The best things in life are not things!!
kaos

Post by kaos »

MADMAX2 wrote:Hey WELCOME!! to the forum great people here enjoy your new bow if you ever want to sell the Excalibur it will sell quick on the trading post :wink: :D
Thanks for the welcome. Am not trying to trash Excalibur just trying to understand the Hype. Is it a bow you learn to love over time or should I appreciate it from the first shot? Yes, I would sell it but it was a gift. Part of the problem may be that the bow is over accessorized. I like the feel of it better without the quiver attached, I do not like how the quiver is mounted and off balance.

Today I am leaving the Horton at home so I can concentrate on the Equinox. Hopefully, I will learn to love it.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the forum,

You have not said, but is your Horton a compound? Are you comparing a compound to a recurve limb system?

Im sorry, but with only two post it sound like your trying to troll with the cloak of being a legitimate consumer. Thats my first impression, but 1st impressions can be wrong.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Opps, forgot:

Whats the draw weight on the horton compared to the equinox? You just received the heaviest draw weight bow from excalibur. That thing is a beast with alot of energy behind it! the lighter draw bows such as the vixen put out alot less vibration.
kaos

Post by kaos »

one shot scott wrote:Opps, forgot:

Whats the draw weight on the horton compared to the equinox? You just received the heaviest draw weight bow from excalibur. That thing is a beast with alot of energy behind it! the lighter draw bows such as the vixen put out alot less vibration.
Yes, there is a big difference! My Horton is the small 150lb Tacoma with a Truglo. It is a hoot to shoot and very accurate. I am a legitimate Excalibur owner, I just have not fallen in love with the bow YET. The vibration does not bother me I shoot big guns with big recoil.

I felt the same when I switched from Chev to Ford. But I now love my Scorpion 6.7. In time the Horton could be shelved just like the D-Max.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

There are some fixes that you can do with the bow to cure your dislikes. There is optional quiver mounts that will mount it center. Excalibur will be coming out with a string stopper in the new year that will eliminate SOME of the vibrations when shooting. I admit that firing the equinox was a bit shocking to me when I first had mine, but you get used to it. If you were to shoot the vixen I think it would compare to your Horton.

EDIT for spelling mistakes. I do that lots.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos

Post by kaos »

one shot scott wrote:There are some fixes that you can do with the bow to sure your dislikes. There is optional quiver mounts that will mount it center. Excalibur will be coming out with a string stopper in the new year that will eliminate SOME of the vibrations when shooting. I admit that firing the equinox was a bit shocking to me when I first had mine, but you get used to it. If you were to shoot the vixen I think it would compare to your Horton.
I will be checking out the optional quiver mounts (never seen them in my brochure that came with bow). Mounted the range finder, scope cover and sling, it looks cool. Using the sling what is the proper way to pack the bow I thought it would be bow up however my case has strap so it is bow down. Possibly someone put strap on backwards. Thanks for the help. Also can anyone recommend a good brand of target. This bow does hit a lot harder.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Haven't posted on hear in a while, I got a new truck. 2010 Ford F150 Supercrew 4X4 with the XTR package. My first ever brand new truck.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
icehammer

Post by icehammer »

Do you believed if Santa gave me a knife? lol. Just kidding. A friend of mine give a Christmas presents and i was shocked because it's a knife.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Santa was nice to me this year, I received a 1 hp meat grinder from Cabela's. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Silver_Fox

Post by Silver_Fox »

I also received an Equinox for Christmas and have only shot it a few times yet. I am please with the accuracy and can't wait until fall and getting a chance to take a deer with it.
secret

Post by secret »

ImageSanta brought me a Vexilar Fl-20 ....Took it out for a test ......Time for a fish fry!!!!!!Image
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
frisky

Post by frisky »

I got little for Christmas. Here's the reason, wifes 2007 Escape 4x4. I get to USE it for hunting :D :mrgreen:

2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting