turkey hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xulesaa

turkey hunting

Post by xulesaa »

How do I stand sitting all day while turkey hunting? Well tomorrow im hunting all day again. Today was horrible. My knees hurt bad after sitting in the same position for 10-20 minutes. Does any one have any tips how to make the day go by faster/hurt less?
Last edited by xulesaa on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MADMAX2

Re: turkey hunting

Post by MADMAX2 »

xulesaa wrote:How do I stand sitting all day while turkey hunting? Well tomorrow im hunting all day again. Today was horrible. My knees hurt bad after sitting in the same position for 10-20 minutes. Does any one have any tips how to make the day go by faster/hurt less?
Hey WELCOME to the forum!! if you can get a pop up blind you can bring a folding lawn chair, and the blind will conceal you enough to be able to stretch out(stand) once in a while just make sure the coast is clear before doing so!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome !!!!! :D
A pop up blind would be my ansewer. If you don't have one then just build a ground blind and sit in a folding chair.
I took one of my wife's beach chairs once and sprayed it black/green...I called it redneck ingenuity...she called it country!!!
Good Luck!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Where are ya turkey hunting ? I sit on a rubber intertube and its like a lazyboy when you have to put in hours...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Adrian J Hare wrote:Where are ya turkey hunting ? I sit on a rubber intertube and its like a lazyboy when you have to put in hours...
Adrian I was thinking the same thing : "Where are ya turkey hunting" :?:
The best things in life are not things!!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

Adrian J Hare wrote:Where are ya turkey hunting ? I sit on a rubber intertube and its like a lazyboy when you have to put in hours...

I do the same as taught by Adrian... :lol: :lol:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
kaos

Post by kaos »

That is a great idea. Very compact to pack in with you as well. I like it!!
DanO

Post by DanO »

You can probably afford to stach a few in the areas you hunt. I do that with old lawn chairs that have their legs cut off short and their painted green and black.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
warydragon

Post by warydragon »

I really like the "Shooters Rump Rest" by MTM Case Guard. I've used one for about 9 years for turkey and sometimes deer hunting. It weighs very little and is easy to carry across a shoulder. Two legs are shorter than the others so it can be turned to be comfortable on an incline.

If I'm going to sit a while deer hunting, I will also use an old Therm-a-rest air pillow on top of the seat. Now, this is a comfortable arrangement to sit on while leaning against a tree.

Fred