hello everyone new memer here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okdeerslayer

hello everyone new memer here

Post by okdeerslayer »

Hello to start I have been an avid bow hunter here in oklahoma for many years I love building my own arrows and curious what's a good base arrow to start with for max penitration as well as accuracy I'm currently shooting the horton summit hd 150 but I see a phoenix in my near future. Have awas shot amathews compound an I been lookin at crossbows so the wife bought this one for me thanks in advance on your input
Normous

Re: hello everyone new memer here

Post by Normous »

Welcome!
2219 Aluminum.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
munch

Post by munch »

welcome i have 4 crossbows and shoot all easton carbon power bolts with 2" blazers
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

It's always nice to welcome a fellow Okie to the board. WELCOME! :D

I've "experimented" with several arrow, fletching, insert, tips, etc. combinations. What I've currently settled on are Gold Tip Laser II's with QuickFletch QuikSpin 2" Vanges, Firenocks, brass inserts and 125 grn G5 Strikers. This combination weighs in at 445 grains and shoots 284 fps out of my 175lb Axiom.

I've also used 2219, 2216, Gold Tip Kinetics and Easter Power Bolts with good results.

I'm thinking about shooting either 2117's or 2216's in the future because they're a little cheaper than carbon. Not sure if I'll go through with it, but I'm thinking about it. :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

Welcome to the forum my friend,great bunch of guys and gals here in the excal forum,so much to learn here from each and everyone....WELCOME TO MY FAMILY... 8)
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

Thanx everyone for the welcomes its nice to find a place with such a warm welcome... I was considering the gold tips they have always been good to in my mathews... ill be useing 4 inch feathers as that's what I have always shot an have about a 1000 of lol I been playin with a few arrows knes that came with the bow an a few others I already had from buyin up lots of stuff at auctions fleamarkets so on an so forth the horton strikers that came with the bow fly good and I'm getting about the same patern with 3 blade muzzy 125s as I am with practice tips I was shootin veins off at 30 yards I just like building my own even if I can buy premade cheper I also have a bunch of custom wraps ill be slappin on them I just gotta find my jig I just moved from south louisiana an stuff still packed up lol.. bowhunter what part of okie ya in brother I'm in tulsa
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum. Depending what you like alum. or carbon or both! 2114-2117-2216-2219 alum. Carbon GII or carbon express max hunters or victory shafts plus couple from Easton i haven't tried
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome!!!! :D
Carbon firebolts for me with 4in. Duravanes and 100gr spitfires !!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe the Horton requires the weight of a 2219 shaft for their arrows.
The Phoenix wil handle a variety of sizes from 21** to 22** series as long as total arrow weight is 350 grains.
I use 2215s in my Phoenix.
wabi
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Welcome nieghbor...looks like your getting some good advise on arrows. Dont think i could add any better....Merry late Christmas to you and have a Happy NewYear..

I see your in Tulsa...thats where I was born. I live North a bit up on the otherside of Claremore..you found a good website all good folks here it seems..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
frisky

Post by frisky »

WELCOME :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Nice to have a new member welcome.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hey DeerSlayer,

I'm a little South of you in Coweta. Looks like between you, me and Hoss, Northeast OK is well represented here on the Excal Forums :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

I use to be in cowheata 3-4 times a week then me n my step brother hd a falling out an not bn down that way in a while bn spending all my time in wyona an soon to be skiatook I have a 80 acre spot in wyona an going to look at a 140 in skiatook this weekend an another 80 In gore next weekend