How to quiet down a 15' ladderstand?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

How to quiet down a 15' ladderstand?

Post by Riflemanz »

I have a 15' ladderstand that really squeaks when turning on the foot platform in this cold weather.What do you guys use to quiet them.I was thinking of putting black electrical tape around the sections where they fit together.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Riflemanz

Re: How to quiet down a 15' ladderstand?

Post by Riflemanz »

My stand has metal againsn't the tree and i can't get the strap to tighten any more.I had a doe at 10yds and the only time she heard me was when i turned and the stand gave a creak.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
phil

Post by phil »

Thanks BStout!..thats some good advice...im going to try that too! :D
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

hockey tape the pins and stand on a pc of blanket or light rug...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I don't have any experience with a ladder stand, but I can kind of get an understanding as to what you are talking about.

Where the ladder sections connect there is a pin that slips into the tube above/below, correct? Noise is taking place here? How about grease? Or drilling a hole through the two sections when setup then running a carraige bolt through them. Cinch them together using a locknut.

Do these ladder stand come with their own strap? A simple pull type or a ratchet strap? I use ratchet straps on my stands that come with the simple pull type. Usually two straps per stand. One at the top and one near the bottom. They can't move with two straps as there is no longer a pivot point.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

dont listen to Bstout he doesnt really hunt and he spams multipile sites.. :roll:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I had the same problems with my ladder stand this past season. I have the gorilla model with a shooting rail, arm rests, etc, and its a couple of years old now. The problem with these stands is that they are meant to be bolted together from a hundred different pieces and the ladder sections are clipped in which is where most noise comes from. I tried every type of repair to rid it of noise. Bolting the ladder sections solid did not help because it still will pivot slightly when climbing it. what I did was weld everything that did not have to come apart solid. I even welded some step sections solid and everything that I wanted to come apart again I used black hockey tape as a gasket. Its a bit more of a fiber material then plain electrical tape and better in the cold. You can even add a LITTLE vegtable oil to it to help prevent rust(noise).

When I took my stand apart I was amazed how much rust was inside of it. There was even water trapped in the upper platform. I drilled some very tiny holes in it for it to drain. After all this the stand was finally quiet.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

you could try some foam pipe wrap around the joints cut it about 5 incheslong and slide it over the ladder joints DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver