Gun Safe Shopping....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

phil

Gun Safe Shopping....

Post by phil »

Im in the market for a secure safe that wont drain my wallet. Theres many out there. Is it even worth spending the extra money with the ones that claim they are fireproof for a certain amount of time? Any recommendations?
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
OkXbowHunter

Re: Gun Safe Shopping....

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I love my Fort Knox safe. The only regret is that I didn't get one bigger! Seriously, you'll be amazed at what you'll find to put in a safe. Fort Knox safes aren't the cheapest, but I think they're probably the best made residential safes out there.

I would highly suggest the fire rated models, especially if you'll be storing important papers in them. Mines rated for 90 minutes at 1680 degrees.

I thought about going the cheap route when I bought my Fort Knox, but then I figured that if I was going to all the trouble to get one to protect my stuff, then I might as well get the best one I could.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I have a Liberty 26 gun safe called the Timber ridge.1/2hr fire rating.weighs about 500# empty,i added concrete block inside to weigh it down more and then bolted it to floor.Buy as big as you can afford because they fill up fast.Get a S&G dial lock.I hired a moving company to pick it up and deliver it inside my home.I have a bad back.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Tom

Post by Tom »

phil wrote:Im in the market for a secure safe that wont drain my wallet. Theres many out there. Is it even worth spending the extra money with the ones that claim they are fireproof for a certain amount of time? Any recommendations?
If you can afford the money, fire protection is a good thing to have, more for important papers then anything else. IF you lose important papers in a fire (a fire is bad enough) they can not be replace or are major trouble getting replaced.

I just looked in Costco (USA) and they have many to choose from, even one on sale for $150 off >>> Big Horn Classic $599 your cost.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... opnav=&s=1
The rest of them http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.asp ... lang=en-US
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
mfh

Post by mfh »

Second on the Fort Knox. If recall when we got ours it was the best fire rating for residential safes. As noted, they are not the cheapest but for the extra couple hundred dollars, I am happy that we have the best fire protection we can get. I did have to save another year...but it was worth the wait.

Also - recommend getting one step bigger than you think you need. Better to have room than have to buy another in five years.
elle-wis

Post by elle-wis »

Thanks!!
automated11

Post by automated11 »

If you look on craigslist you can normally find alot of safes if you can find a jewelers safe that is large enough for guns buy it! I have one its a double door and has a 2 1/2 hr fire rating! It only weights 2700lbs but what the hay, its on a concrete floor it shouldnt fall through :lol: The bigger the better. Luckilly I purchased mine and had a roll back tow truck able to winch it onto its bed then let it roll off the truck into my storage area. It is on 4 casters that only move in one direction even with pinch bars and all my might I can only move it max 1" at a time. No one is getting it out of my place easily! It has 1/2 - 3/4 plate exterior! And a 4 digit combo which makes it 1-3.5million chance of breaking into it...
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »