FIO amazing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CHski65

FIO amazing

Post by CHski65 »

I recently fletched 3 different bolts, 2 in blazer, 3 in Norway shield cut, and 4 in duravanes spin tight in 2216 aluminum just to see if they hoot differently out of my Phoenix. My phoenix at 25 yds shot everyone dead center. Cant beat Excalibur.
j.krug

Re: FIO amazing

Post by j.krug »

I just refletched my Firebolts with the 3" Norways as well.
I haven't shot them yet to see how they turned out.
They look real pretty though!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

CHski65 wrote:I recently fletched 3 different bolts, 2 in blazer, 3 in Norway shield cut, and 4 in duravanes spin tight in 2216 aluminum just to see if they hoot differently out of my Phoenix. My phoenix at 25 yds shot everyone dead center. Cant beat Excalibur.
Ditto.
Here is a 50 yard group-partially rested-using two different brands of arrows and vanes from my Phoenix.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Archer Ontario

Post by Archer Ontario »

so if you were to shoot a carbon arrow out of an Equinox what would you suggest and what fletching would you prefer?
CHski65

Post by CHski65 »

I tried the aluminums as an experiment, I normally use gold tip carbon lazers with Blazer vanes 2 inch and spitfire mechanical heads. they havent let medown yet.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Archer Ontario wrote:so if you were to shoot a carbon arrow out of an Equinox what would you suggest and what fletching would you prefer?
I used to shoot a Equinox, it thrived on GT Lazer IIs, 110gr brass insert, flat aluminum nocks, and 2" Blazer vanes set at helical, with 125 gr tip or Slick Trick Mag. One fine bow just too much for this septuagenarian to cock repeatedly.
Same arrows, with 100 gr tip/head, fly form my Excals now.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!