Composite stock Excalibur, Axiom SMF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Composite stock Excalibur, Axiom SMF

Post by Pydpiper »

Be interesting to see how this works out, Sure to be light!

Announcing the new Axiom SMF! This exciting new crossbow incorporates a composite mainframe and all the quality features Excalibur crossbows are known for including a lifetime warranty. All for a very attaractive price. The Axiom SMF will be available soon through your favorite Excalibur retailer.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Re: Composite stock Excalibur, Axiom SMF

Post by one shot scott »

The riser is the same colour as the rail (black), I wonder if its any different then the other excals. I would love to learn more about that model as well as some of the new scopes. I wonder when exalibur is going to let everyone know the details.
Whats SMF stand for anyway? super magnificent forsure!, smell my fart?

Hey Pyd, your avatar looks all naked..

. :P
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The Riser looks like its composite also ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I havent found it on the homepage, Is excal releasing details on Facebook for their new products? I have heard bits of info on every other forum but nothing straight from the horses mouth on this one. Is it a marketing ploy just to get people talking? Im not bad-mouthing excalibur by any means, in fact I sing their praises every chance I get but I would love to learn more about this bow and their new scopes but its almost frustrating how little is said.
TPM

Post by TPM »

The only thing different about this bow is the rail. It's a composite material though I imagine it has some sort of steel re-enforcing in it to prevent any kind of flexing or bending. It will probably weigh less but I don't imagine too much less. The riser is still machined steel.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The more I look at it, the more I like it. However, the more I look at the less I would want to be the guy cleaning it after a muddy hunt.
One shot, yes, Excalibur has done a couple information releases on Facebook, doesn't take long for them to make it here though. Typically companies like to create new products and then keep them secret so they can be unveiled at the ATA, guns, bows, flashlights and every other imaginable accessory. It is usually around now that we get to see what has been created behind closed doors over the year.

We all love to think we are special belonging to this forum, but truth of the matter is we make up such a small part of the market that the numbers here are almost inconsequential, from a marketing perspective it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to advertise to the people who already own the product. They do however manage to provide us with a place to discuss things, and leave us alone for the most part while we do.
Now mattresses, this place is becoming a front runner in the mattress world! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Please dont mis-read my intentions here David, a sense of entitlement I cetainly DO NOT feel from being just a member here. The info leak on the bow has been out for a while now, the scopes even longer, and alot of negative comments about the composite rail have been floating around. I would just like to see the negative feelings towards the bow put to rest. Personally I am excited about the composite rail and the price that goes with it. I think like any excalibur its going to perform great and I may even look into getting one at some point if my little guy is able to.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I look forward to seeing one up close if I like it my Phoenix will go Bye Bye and be replaced with it. 8)
Tenpoint Matrix
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I like my bows pretty much as they are.

What I would like available is a Hogue-type rubber coated stock. I don't care if it's camo. The current stock is noisy if it's tapped by a branch, a button, of a buckle, and that's too easy to do even from a tree stand. A rubber coating would reduce or eliminate that.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:Please dont mis-read my intentions here David, a sense of entitlement I cetainly DO NOT feel from being just a member here.
I know your intentions are good ones Neil.
I don't post much because I have such a hard time getting a point across, people tell me I would be better at writing an instruction manual instead of trying to communicate, I write dry, and I have come to realize that.
I tried to keep my post about answering your question about Facebook and my post about why I don't think Excalibur keeps us as the most informed separate by a space, but I see I managed to screw that up.
Only the first paragraph was meant to be just for you Neil, the next paragraph was just me rambling on and on..
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

A typed word, devoid of the enounciation that usually accompanies human speech unfortunately can cause some misinterpretation. That is unless your as skilled as MikeP is. Im pretty sure I screwed up on something here. Not your fault at all David.:lol:

Wheres rewind....
mitch

Post by mitch »

The current stock is noisy if it's tapped by a branch, a button, of a buckle, and that's too easy to do even from a tree stand.) I second that.If you touch anything like button or zipper on your jacket It make too much noise.If they could make some thing like a rubber sleeve for it I will buy it.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

In my opinion My brothers metal rail model Axiom is going up in value if this is replacing it looks like the rail is made out of a milk crate.
I love my Excalibur but this is not getting me excited over a new model.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

Gerald said "looks like the rail is made out of a milk crate." Yes it does, I thought the exact same thing! :lol: :lol: I'm a little leery/skeptical of the composite rail, but I do think the price will be a good thing for getting more people in the sport with an Excalibur.
DEO VINDICE
buck neked

Post by buck neked »

"Pretty it up" and you have a higher priced axiom :?

Looks like a milk crate? well this 2 ton dude can stand on a milkcrate and not crash thru, so I think its gonna be plenty strong.