apinions on rage crimson talon crocs an muzzys

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okdeerslayer

apinions on rage crimson talon crocs an muzzys

Post by okdeerslayer »

i am currently shooting a muzzy 3 blade 125 they have always been good to me im lookin to mess around with heads mainly the crimson talon crocs an rage in both 2 blade an 3 blade whats everyones apinions on these 3 broadheads pros cons so on so forth thanks
j.krug

Re: apinions on rage crimson talon crocs an muzzys

Post by j.krug »

The only broadhead I have experience with of the ones listed is the Rage 2 blade.
It shoots well out of my Vortex and has been very effective on the deer I have taken with them.
Huge entry/exit wounds and gushing blood trails to follow.
You do have to keep an eye on them to make sure the blades haven't popped out of the o-rings though.
Overall I have been very pleased with them.

Like the add says.....It's like throwing an axe through an animal!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I cant bring myself to try a muzzy, no matter how attractive their heads are for hunting, and its only because I have read that they are anticrossbow. Cant remember where I have read that, I think it was here, but they wont get my money if they think I dont belong in the woods..

Thats my strong opinion on muzzy :lol: I hope to try the 3 blade rage in the next deer season. (if they like crossbows) :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

The muzzy 3 blade 125s group well for me out to 40 that's as far as I have shot them outa my crossbow an out to 60 outa my z7 just lookin for new things to play with I like tweakin an playin I'm considering rage 2 blade in fact im at bass pro now lookin around
masboy

Post by masboy »

i shoot muzzys my son did too but never had much blood .son shoots rage now .i seen some of the blood trails they left this yearamazed me none went far.so i think rage for me next year.he shoots 3 blade.i,ve never had blood trails like his.he said every one hes shot blood everywhere.shot his rage practice tip shot right with my field tips.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

The only one of these I have tried is the Rage 3-blade.

The Good: I have killed every deer I've shot with at with them out of my ExoMax. Even a couple that had less than perfect shot placement were down within 75 yards. They are very deadly and will leave an entry and exit hole as advertised.

The Bad: They are expensive. There are many great broadheads that are cheaper. Out of an ExoMax, they are not reusable. At least not for me. One shot and the head is pretty much destroyed. The channel that the three blades slide back through on deployment gets dented by the base of the blade on impact. That dent in the ferrule can cause the blade to fail to deploy if you try to reuse it. The only other negative is you have to keep check on the blades to confirm they are properly retained by the rubber o-ring. They have a tendency to easily be bumped loose which would cause premature deployment if you shot it that way.

Would I recommend them to others? Sure. But be aware of the limitations (cost, not reusable). Will I purchase any more of them? Nope. There are cheaper more durable heads available.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

Well I just left basspro spent w tad more then I had planed but I couldn't turn down an exocet lite stuff package for 549 out the door about the btoadheads I bought a pack of slicktricks to play with
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

okdeerslayer wrote:Well I just left basspro spent w tad more then I had planed but I couldn't turn down an exocet lite stuff package for 549 out the door about the btoadheads I bought a pack of slicktricks to play with
Slick tricks is pretty much all I have used for the past couple of years. They are a good broadhead with the poi close to what feild tips are. Cheap too! or at least cheaper then rage.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Why has'nt rage fixed this problem with the o-ring yet? Heaven knows they get enough cash just from selling them, surely they could pay an engineer to design a better system. Its the only thing holding me back from blowing a weeks wage and buying a package.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i shoot a vortex and a tenpoint. of the three you list i can only give opinion on the rage 2 blade. a little pricey but i have gotten more than one deer several times with the same head without having to replace the blades, so with that in mind the price is not as bad as it seems at first. another thing about them is you do not have to re -sightin just before season like has to be done with fixed blade heads(in my experience anyway).i like being able to shoot all summer long with the target tips and have my bow shooting great and have no worries when i replace the target tip with same weight rage 2 blade the day before hunting season and know my setup is still dead on no matter which bow i am using. as far as the blades comming unseated i have seen very little issue with it and besides it only takes a couple seconds to verify they are seated against the o-ring before you load it. if you are still hunting or stalking i can see where this might become an issue but not from stand hunting. i have read that the rage can even be used with shoot through mesh but i do not have any experience trying this with them.
i have tried slick tricks and they do fly great but i have to resightin come fall since they fly different then target tips, again this has been my experience so i use what works best for me......jeff
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife