Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gundog

Targets

Post by gundog »

I could use a little help in choosing a target. What would would be a good target for both field points and broadheads . I was considering a Rinehart target.
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
georgiaboy

Re: Targets

Post by georgiaboy »

Rinehart is good...crossbow block is what I use.
Good Luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
cevans

Post by cevans »

for targets, I got a sqare 22" x 22" and 18" thick target with stuffing in it, at MC Sports here in Indiana for 40 bucks, 20.00 off, great to shoot into and super easy to bull arrows out. Then I use a foam round broadhead target that is about 24" dia, and 12" thick for the broadheads. Foam target won't last forever like this stuffing one will,,,will tape it up with duc tape till it wears out then fill a burlap feed sack with the stuffing and keep on shooting. I don't remember what I paid for the foam round one but it couldn't have been alot.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
muskiewannabe

Post by muskiewannabe »

I just made one two weeks ago....A big bundle of old clothes with zippers and buttons cut off and tied them together in a bed sheet...Works GREAT! Arrows only go in a few inches and slide out with two fingers. I am going to get one of my empty feed bags, when I get a chance, and put everything into it and buidl a small frame to hold it upright but it cost me nothing and work just great. No broadheads at it just yet but I'll try them out later in the spring, for now, just fieldpoints at it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

muskiewannabe wrote:I just made one two weeks ago....A big bundle of old clothes with zippers and buttons cut off and tied them together in a bed sheet...Works GREAT! Arrows only go in a few inches and slide out with two fingers. I am going to get one of my empty feed bags, when I get a chance, and put everything into it and buidl a small frame to hold it upright but it cost me nothing and work just great. No broadheads at it just yet but I'll try them out later in the spring, for now, just fieldpoints at it.
Smart man. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

cevans wrote: at MC Sports here in Indiana for 40 bucks,
You still have a dry state? Couldn't find a beer anywhere on a Sunday when I was on holidays a few years ago. Was different riding my bike with no helmet though.