Wheres the old timers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Wheres the old timers?

Post by one shot scott »

Ok, theres no icon for a man poking a hornets nest on this forum or I would use it now. I dont want to start a mud flinging contest so dont do that here please. There are sooo many of the old members who are not posting anymore and thats a shame. These are guys who have made the forum what it is: a friendly atmosphere. They are also a wealth of knowledge and we are really missing out by them no longer posting.
Why did they leave? Is it that when you get too comfortable you can get too critical? I admit this can be my problem.
Can we get them back?
Even the ones who have not 100% left post alot less.

Yeah, Im acknowledging the elephant thats in the room. Consider this simply a thread to air out what ails ya without casting stones at someone else, Dont name names and dont take any response as a personal attack. This forum is unique in the way the mods let us moderate ourselves.

Hopefully this works, or this thread will simply dissapear into the archives, like some of the members. Even If this thread dies off hopefully it will kick start something.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
GaryM

Re: Wheres the old timers?

Post by GaryM »

I've been here a while but don't post a whole lot. There are so many young members posting such good stuff that I just enjoy reading. (Matress postings don't count!) :wink: Gary
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

With hunting seasons winding down people here tend to almost go into hibernation . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Can't make people do something they don't wanta do. Some come, some go, oh well, sorry to say but life goes on. No one is irreplaceable in this world, some just cause bigger bumps in the road than some others. One chooses to leave, that's fine as I don't walk in there shoes. Certainly not going to wade into the situation. Have enough stress in my life that I don't try to get involved in silly things that cause more stress. How's that for fence sitting?
wabi

Post by wabi »

What's an "old timer" ??????

Suspect I just might fit the category. :wink:
Just turned 60 last year and waiting for the doctor's office to open this morning so I can see if he can get me in today.
Had some very minor surgery (cyst removal) that went wrong from the start. :roll:
Instead af a small incision I ended up with a 3-4" cut on my hip. Got the stitches out last Thursday and a short time later the wound opened up. :shock: Doc was gone for the weekend, so I've lived with it taped enough not to rip any more all weekend, and it sure limits activity/movement. :(
wabi
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I've been curious about garyL and wildwindom, hope things are ok for them.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes, eventually people get their feeling hurt. I could name names like Mike P. and Boo and DaGriz to name a few All these people and much more make this forum what it is. Sure hope someday I will be able to read each and every one of their posts again. Its all up the them if they so desire. Good to let them know they are missed.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm sure there are many who when they see all the spam posts just click X and leave. I've done it often this past month.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

I guess I'm one of the old timers. 61 years old and been hunting and fishing as long as I can remember. I enjoy watching the pups grow, whether on this site or another I belong to. Most of us old bulls have been mentored, have and still are mentoring the young bulls coming up the ranks. The newest kid in our 4 man group shot our bull moose this year and followed up with a decent buck, both his first. I never did post much, I always enjoy just reading and not cluttering :wink:
Hugs
Dave
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Gwens Dilemma wrote:I never did post much, I always enjoy just reading and not cluttering :wink:
Hugs
Dave
Be a fun form to visit if everyone did that! LOL
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i know a few who have taken time off from here to let the non-sense settle down....it's shame too, i know i let things go by me when some butthead gets on my case cause i said something they didn't agree with....but that is right after i question them why of how do they know what i'm seeing when they weren't right next to me....then they go back into there hole they climbed out of :lol: ....in time i know the few i talk to outside of this forum should be back........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sometimes I even piss myself off, but, I end up coming back. :roll:

The guys I talk to are still around and will still answer any pms sent their way.

It's a continous educational program here. Rarely is there anything "new" other than members. They seem to catch on quick and start answering the questions that typically come up. It's nice to sit back and see the new members taking care of the newer members.

Everything keeps rolling right along.

However, I do miss the guys that helped me along. One guy in particular helped me design my own STS system before it was called an STS. He hasn't posted in several years. Been some great minds enter and leave this place, along with some very big hearts.

Yep, I miss them too.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Being retired does change your priorities!

Just not as much time spent on computer anymore.

Sounds odd?

Wait and see when your time comes.

Most hunting seasons I am never near any internet access so miss out on alot .

Oneshot...........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

This seems as good a time and place as any. I'm on a self imposed break. I still peruse the forum and occasionally fire off a pm once in a while.

Believe it or not, I got my 1st computer just to come on this forum back in late '05 or early '06. I wanted to do some research on an idea I'd sent Bill. You see, I didn't want to step on any ones toes, so to speak. I just knew somebody had done it before me and shared the idea, but was wrong.

As I read page after page of thread after thread, and found other forums [like a kid in a candy store] I came to realize how different this one is/was. I came to really love it and all the friends I made that I never met, and some I did.

To this day, I can't recall anyone having so much as a harsh word for me, and for that I thank you cause I'm sure I asked for it a time or two. That may change w/ this post of course.

To put it in a nut shell, some things just got too painful for me to watch or take part in. My problem, not yours, I know. Have fun!
"Eze 18:21"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

sumner4991 wrote:Sometimes I even piss myself off, but, I end up coming back. :roll:
Now that's funny!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads