new axiom (shock)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

new axiom (shock)

Post by blackjack »

g'day. well l got the new exoblast news letter in the mail today & to my shock the new axiom, got to say l'm not impressed its shocking if that's what the new company is telling us the future is (god help us) sorry l just cant be positive about it, it looks like a mecano set. regards frank australia
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Dereck

Re: new axiom (shock)

Post by Dereck »

I don't think it is the future of all Excal products just a way of getting a Crossbow into a lower price point.
Granted it looks a little weird but I am sure the rail will be tough as nails.I would like to see it in a not so contrasting color but when you change plastic from black to color they tend to lose their strength.
Once it hits the market and I can hold one I will more then likely switch to that rail.
Tenpoint Matrix
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Everything that I have seen that needs to be both extra tough and light is made of that material and that pattern. Its going to be an option for some people to buy a cheaper model, I dont think all models are bound to end up designed all the same way as that. Excal is looking to gain buyers, not loose them.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

l do agree with the business side of things but l think its still rubbish & also the price is not that much better than the real thing, think about it, maybe l'm wrong but l dont think so...remember my words in a few years to come, (make no mistake of that) regards frank australia
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'm quite confident that this new bow is just a result of Excalibur trying to broaden it's market with a lower priced offering. These things aren't always driven directly by what customers want but by what retailers want if you want them to carry your product line. There is a large market for lower priced bows and I say kudos to Excalibur for pursuing it. It's necessary in order for any growing business to survive. I highly doubt this new composite rail will become the standard on all Excalibur bows.
BTW, I'm not going to knock this bow until I try one. There may even be some plus's to it. Looking forward to the opportunity to shoot one some time.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Don't really like the looks of the new rail (waffer rail) but will wait till I see it in person. Sign of times i suppose and certainly not going to sit here and second guess Excalipur. I will wait on the reports from people who buy them as to weight ect. and who knows could own one someday. Good excalipur is looking into new ideas and staying on top of the game. Hard to be on top, you have everyone shooting for you. Way to go,coming up with new ideas and always trying to make things better, Excalpur and staff!
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

How about a couple pictures? I'm in the dark.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Frankly I think it's great, differentiates the cheap bow from mine.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
TPM

Post by TPM »

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) The people whom buy this bow will pleasantly be surprised . I WAS !!! :)
When given the task to shoot it and try robin hooding . :shock: I achieved the task . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

I personally like the metal rail by far and would not want one made of a synthetic. However, I don't see anything wrong with Excalibur making the Axiom this way. The bow was meant to be a lower price point option from the get go. Which I think is a very good thing to have in their line up of bows. Even though the synthetics are very strong these days, therefore there should be no problems with it, I hope that they keep the rest of the bows as they are with the metal rail. But as long as the quality remains VERY high as with all their bows, and the synthetic helps to make this bow more affordable to more people......Why not? Just hope it stays with this model only.
DEO VINDICE
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Now that I seen the whole bow with the rail, it don't look bad.
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

TPM
I looked at that link. Then I looked at the Axiom I bought this summer. Not the same stock.

Mine looks like all the rest of the excals I've seen. Only diff it came with a scope.

This is the first CB I shot. 4 shots with in 3 inches first time I shot it at 20 yards.

Was I impressed!!

I researched the carp out of buying a CB. Excal Made in Canada. All great reviews, and a recurve not a compound.

My Wife, Daughter, and friends have shot it and are impressed with it's ease of use and accuracy.

Only dissappiontment was I never had a chance to get a deer last fall. Poor weather and to much work.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

From what I understand there are now going to be 2 axiom choices. The one you have lakelover and this new option, due out soon.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm getting the polymer stock later in the spring. Just look at the old Relayer. The rail is made of wood no less and there were no problems with that!
Some people just like stepping on rakes