Excal rail lube substitute

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fredbeer

Excal rail lube substitute

Post by fredbeer »

Just got a Phoenix but don't have the rail lube. Is there something I can use instead?
deerhunter65

Re: Excal rail lube substitute

Post by deerhunter65 »

I use jigaloo on the rails of my CB. Advance auto parts has it.
Excal Exomax
Excal Vortex
Barnett Predator
Too many bolts
Too many guns
GETTING TOO DAMN OLD
Boo

Post by Boo »

You don't need rail lube. String conditioner or wax is all you need. Anything put on the rail and stays on will attract and keep grit, dirt, snails, bear claws and cinder blocks.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
fredbeer

Post by fredbeer »

Thanks for the responses. Boo can I use string makers wax on the serving, without gumming things up? Or would a string conditioner be better?
Boo

Post by Boo »

fredbeer wrote:Thanks for the responses. Boo can I use string makers wax on the serving, without gumming things up? Or would a string conditioner be better?
String maker's wax contains rosin and should not be used.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boo wrote:
fredbeer wrote:Thanks for the responses. Boo can I use string makers wax on the serving, without gumming things up? Or would a string conditioner be better?
String maker's wax contains rosin and should not be used.
WELCOME BACK BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day after reading a post from boo l use & clean the rail with silicon spray it cleans & makes the rail very very smoothe. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

deerhunter65 wrote:I use jigaloo on the rails of my CB. Advance auto parts has it.

X2....and it leaves no sticky residue, just a super slick surface.....jeff
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Dash

Post by Dash »

blackjack wrote:g'day after reading a post from boo l use & clean the rail with silicon spray it cleans & makes the rail very very smoothe. regards frank
X2 , Silicon spray works well, just wipe off the excess. helps stop any wax build up on the rail if using a thicker serving wax. Also good on the removal of "pointy sticks" from targets. (Scared........ don't know whether to call them "arrows or bolts" after that last heated thread) :lol:
That dalton wax conditioner like boo sent me is really different, Its thin and doesn't seem to build up. I agree you don't need anything on the rail if using that. Feels like it has a small amount of silicon or something else already in it. Its the thicker waxes that stick on the rail a lot.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Boo wrote:You don't need rail lube. String conditioner or wax is all you need. Anything put on the rail and stays on will attract and keep grit, dirt, snails, bear claws and cinder blocks.
I'm respect your judgment Don, but not this time. Jig A Loo goes on wet (applied with a rag, after letting carrier evaporate) but quickly dries into a slick film that does NOT attract debris. Great stuff; aslo useful to coat arrows ort expedite removal from targets.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Cossack wrote:
Boo wrote:You don't need rail lube. String conditioner or wax is all you need. Anything put on the rail and stays on will attract and keep grit, dirt, snails, bear claws and cinder blocks.
I'm respect your judgment Don, but not this time. Jig A Loo goes on wet (applied with a rag, after letting carrier evaporate) but quickly dries into a slick film that does NOT attract debris. Great stuff; aslo useful to coat arrows ort expedite removal from targets.
Boris, I'd use Jig A Loo as well but I'm too cheap. Silicone does what I want on the rail and arrows and is tons cheaper. I will admit that Jig A Loo is more slick though but kinda hard on some camo finishes.
LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

Welcome Back Boo!!!!

Will Pm you soon I am ready for my first Boo string for my Ibex

God Bless
John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Snails aren't too bad but bear claws are tuff as heck to get off the rail!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads