vortex in the wind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

vortex in the wind

Post by masboy »

all of these arrows shot good three shot groups on calm day .windy today 10-15 mph but my best shooting ones also shot good in the wind .one dozen eclipse shot at 30yds.some are bent and did not spin test good.just sorting out some hunting arrows.the good shooting ones that have close to same poi.will get put in my hunting quiver after being shot at 50yds.and shot with the broadheads i,m going to use.arrows like number 8 and 12 are super accurate most often with most broadheads i put on them that spin good.others i will tinker a little bit with.sure like my 4x12 scope great for testing arrows.i learn something every time i shoot.crossbows not like a rifle when shooting groups can,t leave it in same spot on sand bag and work bolt for next shot.got to remove to cock .makes it hard too get same place on bag each shot.also remines me of rws breakdown barrel pellet rifle.if you squeeze stock different presshure on stock will shoot different poi.so i just lay it on sand bag in grove and litely grip thumbhole to pull trigger.same off hand i just let it lay in palm off hand.there kind of tricky critters.