Javelina Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Javelina Hunt

Post by flightattendant100 »

To break the boredom I leave on a Javelina hunt this a.m. It is in far south Texas(near Laredo).Bag limit is one Javelina, but unlimited Feral Hogs and Coyotes. They should have a lot of both.It is a two day hunt, but it takes three days to do it(afternoon hunt the first day,all day the second day, and morning hunt only on the third day). The deer that far south still are carrying horns and they have some beauts,but of course they are off limits to hunt.It is still nice to get to see them tho.It is a little over 400 miles from the DFW metroplex so I have a bit of a drive ahead.I will give you all the details when I get back Sunday and try to get some pixs up.I am sure looking forward to this chance to get out and see some wildlife and in a very different environment than where I normally hunt.Ya'll take care.
Pinpoint

Re: Javelina Hunt

Post by Pinpoint »

Can't wait to see those pics!!
Good Luck! :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good luck on yer hunt and looking forward to seeing the pics! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

hope to do the same in mexico in september we are going to celebrate my daughters 15th birthday there with family and some freinds down there .i will be taking my compound bow and have some people offer to take me out.good luck and be sure to post pics
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

GOOD LUCK!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

Have fun and good luck to you!!!! Please show us some pictures!
DEO VINDICE
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Best of luck on the hunt. Try not to get a sunburn you lucky bugger. :D
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Sounds like a good time enjoy
Tenpoint Matrix
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am back from my south Texas javalina hunt.I was fortunate to get a nice male(36 lbs. dressed) with good tushes,on the first afternoon hunt, so I had another two days to chase feral hogs and coyotes and soak in the much different south Texas brush country. As luck would have it,I was in the "HOT SPOT" for the weekend for javalinas as I saw them every morning and evening hunt.The weather was spring like with temps from a low in the mornings of 62 or 63 with cloud cover to a high in the afternoons of 88 or 89 and sunny.All the while we had a strong southerly breeze of 20 to 30mph.It is arrid enough that in the shade with the breeze the afternoon temps were pleasant.This hunt was a draw type hunt on the Chapparal Wildlife Management Area,in Dimmit and LaSalle Counties of Texas.It is the state of Texas PREMIER management area and is located in the south Texas brush country where they kill most of the states whitetail "Muy Grandes". It is far enough south that the deer still carry horns this time of year(the rut is not till around Christmas down there)So the added bonus of the hunt is that you stand a good chance of seeing a nice whitetail. Every year the javalina hunters also seem to find a deer or two that were lost during the deer hunting season.Two were found this past weekend and one the weekend before.All three were super deer, with the largest one scoring 162 and some change.I have been down several times on these javalina hunts and always seen a nice deer or two. Saturday afternoon I comented to a guy at camp that I had never been to The Chapparal and not seen a really good buck,but this year all I had seen were does.I went out and hunted till about sunset(legal shooting is 30 min.after sunset) Since I had allready killed my javalina and was hungry,I decided that I would ease back toward the truck and head for some dinner.I got down out of the stand and started down the road to a "T" junction.About a hundred yards from the junction I realized that there was a deer at the crossroads looking at me. I froze,raised my binoculars slowly and now could tell that it was a buck looking at me.I could tell that he was wide and very tall racked but with him looking straight at me I couldnt tell much else about him.We had a looooong stare down All the while I am wish that he would turn his head so I could see his rack better.As if on que he turned his whole body tothe right.Now I could see four long tines up,and the longest main beam I have ever seen. It was a goo 2 or 3 inches past his nose! What a deer!!! I still hadnt seen his other side and to my amazement he turned a 180 and he had four long tines there as well with the same super main beam.This is one of those once in a lifetime deals folks.I got to look at a SUPER deer for two to three minutes(long enough that I had to put my binocs down twice because my arms were too tired to hold them up any longer)He basically posed,front,right,left and then walked away at an angle to give the horns some perspective. What a topper to a great weekend!!!You just never know you will see in the south Texas brush country. It is why I love going back. I have some pics but will have to wait till my daughter can help me get them up on here,it is tough being so electronically challenged.
I had a great time and recharged the "batteries" for a while. Come on turkey season.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice!!
Sounds like a great hunting experience.
Glad it turned out so well for you! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads