I'm Not A Spammer!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: I'm Not A Spammer!!!

Post by j.krug »

That's a bummer planter! :(

All I can really say is welcome to the forum.
I hope you enjoy your visits here.
There are lots of friendly people here to help you out and answer your questions!! :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

There are some guys that will play with arrows to find the perfect set up I tried a few and settled with a mid weight 420 gr total weight 22" GT lazer II with brass insert and 100 grain fixed three blade.

I find the longer arrow flys better than the 20"
Tenpoint Matrix
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

planter wrote:Yesterday I was a long time member with a handful of posts today I'm a new member. :) The darn server would not accept my password no matter how many times I pushed the enter button. :shock: It even erased my previous posts. Go figure!

Hopefully the powers that be will realize I do not know anything about memory foam and can't speak russian and that I am not a spammer. For now I will just ask the questions I have always wanted to....Are fixed or mechanical BH's better and should I use heavy or fast bolts?? :D

Funny man! I knew you were bad news! Even your own computer is out to get you.

Throw a heavy bolt as fast as possible with an extremely high FOC and a large cut mechanical BH . . .everyone knows that. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Welcome "back" Planter. I use the same bolts I use in my atlatl. It gives me fewer things to carry and they are almost as fast out of the crossbow as they are from the atlatl. :lol:

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

Hey Planter,

Good question here. The reason Excal went to a 150 gr. fixed blade head (boltcutter) is because with fixed blade a heavier broadhead flies more accurately. If you're shooting mechanicals you can get away with 100's. Bill T. made a post on this subject. I've attached it below for you.

Re: Accurate?
by Bill T » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 am

You are a perfect example of why we went to the 150 grain heads. As the bows increased in velocity we saw accuracy issues increase and after testing I was shocked that the groups were opening up radically after 20 yards or so. We honestly couldn't find a 100 grain broadhead with fixed blades that would beat 8" or so at 40 yards. That's when we discovered that by increasing FOC we could get 40 yard groups to shrink to 3 or 4 " with the 150 grain Boltcutters. If you insist that you want to use 100 grain heads I can only recommend that you shoot mechanicals if you want improved accuracy, but if you are willing to try the Boltcutters they will radically improve your groups. Once again I have to say, please give us a chance to help you if you have problems with our equipment before going onto our forum and trashing what we do. We are limited in some ways where products like the Firebolts are concerned since they are made by another supplier but I'll bust my butt to halp any customer if they give us a chance.
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Are fixed or mechanical BH's better and should I use heavy or fast bolts??

I think he was being sarcastic :lol: I might be wrong though.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS