Quiver bracket/Balance

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Quiver bracket/Balance

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Being right eyed dominant and right handed I originally set the quiver bracket from the Lite Stuff package
on the right side when your looking down the rail through the scope. What I noticed was the Xbow wanted to roll to the right.
So for the heck of it I took it off and just hand tightened it, so it is now on the left. I now find the Xbow doesn't want to roll at all.
I hardly have to grip it at all pretty much open handed. What I now notice is that the pad on my left hand/thumb supports the stock
much more than my finger/fingertips when the bracket was mounted to the right. Glad I did it much nicer when shouldered!!
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
BigKidLovesBows

Re: Quiver bracket/Balance

Post by BigKidLovesBows »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote: What I noticed was the Xbow wanted to roll to the right.
So for the heck of it I took it off and just hand tightened it, so it is now on the left. I now find the Xbow doesn't want to roll at all.
I hardly have to grip it at all pretty much open handed.
Cool insight! I had the same experience with my right-hand set-up, so I took the mount off entirely. I assumed that if I mounted it on the left that it would obstruct my left arm/hand from gripping the stock. I want to give this a try!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Does it change the way you throw it over your right shoulder to transport in field?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Onetimeonly x-->

enormous wrote:Does it change the way you throw it over your right shoulder to transport in field?
Not enough to be an issue when using a sling.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Onetimeonly x-->

BigKidLovesBows wrote:
Onetimeonly x--> wrote: What I noticed was the Xbow wanted to roll to the right.
Cool insight! I had the same experience with my right-hand set-up, so I took the mount off entirely. I assumed that if I mounted it on the left that it would obstruct my left arm/hand from gripping the stock. I want to give this a try!
Post your findings. I'd like to know!
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Onetimeonly x-->

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Being right eyed dominant and right handed I originally set the quiver bracket from the Right Stuff package
on the right side when your looking down the rail through the scope. What I noticed was the Xbow wanted to roll to the right.
I hardly have to grip it at all pretty much open handed. What I now notice is that the pad on my left hand/thumb supports the stock
much more than my finger/fingertips when the bracket was mounted to right. Glad I did it much nicer when shouldered!!
For those who prefer to shoot or hunt with the quiver on the Xbow, use the bolt closest to your forearm/wrist as your number one
bolt. This will give you more room when the quiver is mounted if you prefer to shoot or hunt that way!
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
BigKidLovesBows

Post by BigKidLovesBows »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
BigKidLovesBows wrote:
Post your findings. I'd like to know!
So, I tried this out with quiver full of arrows and found no left arm/hand obstruction in gripping my stock with my personal off-hand shooting stance. Others may feel a bit cramped on their left side if their forearm tends to flare diagonally to the left. I have long arms and tend to rest my elbow on my hip for off-hand shooting so my forearm was not in contact with even the closest quivered arrow.

There was less tendency to roll to the right as you mentioned.

However, I felt less comfortable slinging my crossbow over my right shoulder in this configuration as the quivered arrows made contact with my right shoulder/arm. I could get use to the feeling of carrying my xbow on my left side, but it would take some practice. :)

I can see myself using this configuration while hiking and shooting my 4-targert field course (when not using my hip quiver) to achieve better balance taking off-hand shots.

Thanks!
munch

Post by munch »

just a thought
won't fix all but helps
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
leoalls

Post by leoalls »

Munch,

Will your mounts work with the S5 System and how is the field of view in the new scopes.

Thanks,
Leo
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

I thought the quiver unbalanced the crossbow and somewhat broke the sheer fluidity of its beautiful shape.
I removed it, I use a Bohning hip quiver http://www.bohning.com/store/adult-targ ... -test.html
For $ 25 you can't beat it ! Logo is less obvious in recent models.
I must mention that the tubes wont be convenient for storing a broadhead. For the moment, I'm just doing precision shooting. It can't be better with training tips, and I'm already thinking of adapting this device for broadheads.

EDIT : I've cut about an inch in the lower part of all the tubes, the longest one compressing a bit too much the vanes of the arrows. It's top notch now !
Last edited by Joystyx on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
jetnet22

Post by jetnet22 »

Awesome.Cool insight! Image