Zeon Fusion Vanes 2.1" and 3"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cevans

Zeon Fusion Vanes 2.1" and 3"

Post by cevans »

Having never ever in my life ever shot a arrow with less than a 3" vane on it, I had to try the new Zeon Fusion Vanes by Norman Industries. The vane they have out is the 2.1 in florscent colors with the eventual delivery of the 3" sometime this summer. These things really gather the light especially at dawn and dusk. the ones I am trying are the florescent orange and they shot about 1.5 inches higher at 20 than my stock 4" and at 40yds, they shot at 4.5 inches higher and about 2 inches to the left, so after 10 shots of resighting them in ,,they stacked together at 40 and had to go back to shooting one per bullseye to keep from tearing arrows up. I really like the way they light up and the way they shoot and just thought I would make a post on them. Can't wait to try out the 3" when they come out, and will try these with broadheads when I get time to do so. :wink:

http://norwayindustries.com/products/zeon-fusion.aspx Go here to see the vanes I am talking about, they are made from the same plastic that fiber optic sight pins are made from, and really work awesome.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
dsal

Re: Zeon Fusion Vanes 2.1" and 3"

Post by dsal »

thanks for the coments, was looking at them last week. Going to give them a try when i fish off the vanes that i have stocked up for now.
hiking

Post by hiking »

I just did 6 arrows with them, they look good but I haven't been to the range yet. Thanks for the report, that is encoraging.
exocet 200
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I like the looks of those vanes.
Are they flexible and pliable like other vanes or are they more rigid than others vanes?

Thanks. Jim
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
cevans

Post by cevans »

they are very plyable, but with the rays in the vane, very durable as the rays gather light, just like a fiber optic sight would. I just ordered the florescent green as I have heard that they might be a dash brighter than everything else and wanted to try them as well..But I am very satisfied with the flo. orange. I am def. going to hunt and shoot this vane on my arrows.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Thanks cevans.
I just put the Fusion vanes on my Firebolts.
I might give these a try once the Fusions are worn out.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have been waiting on the 3" to come out to play with them. Does anyone know if you can fletch them with the AZ_EZ fletcher?

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:I have been waiting on the 3" to come out to play with them. Does anyone know if you can fletch them with the AZ_EZ fletcher?

Bob

It will fletch with no prob.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I ordered some and hope to get them in this week so i can try them out
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:
Horizontal Hunter wrote:I have been waiting on the 3" to come out to play with them. Does anyone know if you can fletch them with the AZ_EZ fletcher?

Bob

It will fletch with no prob.

Wes
Thanks Wes.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
cevans

Post by cevans »

the fusion zeon vanse are easy to fletch
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

This might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...has anyone ever fletched arrows without a fletching jig? I just got a free sample of 9 of these Zeon Fusion Vanes and I wanted to put them on 3 of my Easton Powerbolts to see how I like them, however I don't have a jig and I've never fletched an arrow in my life except for shrink wrap type fletchings. Any advice is appreciated.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

DeepSouthHunter wrote:This might be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...has anyone ever fletched arrows without a fletching jig? I just got a free sample of 9 of these Zeon Fusion Vanes and I wanted to put them on 3 of my Easton Powerbolts to see how I like them, however I don't have a jig and I've never fletched an arrow in my life except for shrink wrap type fletchings. Any advice is appreciated.
I wouldn't attempt putting them on with out a jig. If they are all crooked and uneven the arrow will fly like crap and not give you a true idea of how well the vanes work. An Arizona EZ Fletch is fairly inexspensive and very simple to use. Perhaps there may be a forum member that lives near you that could put them on for you? Good luck.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads