Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

I need one string tester.

Post by Boo »

You need to own a 225 lb bow
You must own a reliable chronograph
Have good hearing
Have good note taking abilities
Must be a very good shooter with the ability to shoot 30 yard or more from a bench
He/she must have lots of experience shooting and the ability to shoot 300 or more shots in the next couple of weeks
You cannot have any pre-existing problems like a rough latch that is eating your serving
What he or she cannot have is excuses.
If you have what I want please send me an email. You will end up with a string and a container of Dalton 2000 string conditioner. The string material I want tested is pretty slick and the serving may separate but it promises to be a slightly faster material than I am using now with a lower noise signature.
Last edited by Boo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bob1961

Re: I need one string tester.

Post by bob1961 »

don too bad i only have a 200 pounder or ya know i would do it :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
masboy

Post by masboy »

how about a real test , rough latches,no chronograph, poor hearing,poor shooting, bad note takeing,lots of excuses, lots of guessing, lots of experience but not all good.mabey a dry fire or two,lots of wax,used too servings seperating no problem.can shoot lots of arrows with 225lb bow.wore out an excel string in one day before.would love too test one of your strings.
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

ASTRO FLIGHT ????????? If it is I will be ordering a few strings. Ron
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

no chronograph so im out
strum

Post by strum »

I can do it ..only thing im concerned about is the 300 shots in 2 weeks..i would need 4.. 30 shots a day 4 10 days would be pretty rigorus.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Just think how jacked you would look for your better half . :)
Attachments
rippedsquirrel.jpg
rippedsquirrel.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 4531 times
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

don you have a pm....also i have a factory dacron, factory FFF, one of your older strings you reserved but yet to use and the one you want tested....so that is 4 strings to compair speed wise with the chrony :wink: ....i have what i ya need but the 225# bow.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

ok don i talked to the archery shop and getting the use of the chrony for as long as i need it is not a problem....just waiting to see if i get any replies to my thread on other forum, so i'm ready to get this done for you when your ready :wink: ....i can get the chrony work done while the string gets set in, then do longer range work at my house to get any accruracy readings then.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
strum

Post by strum »

Doe Master wrote::) Just think how jacked you would look for your better half . :)
you didnt know? thats how i look under my shirt :lol:
the shooting ..i can handle but the time would be tough....job ..family..minstry,,honey do's..= slim on time :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have my volunteers picked out thank you!
strum

Post by strum »

cant wait to hear the results,,
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

received a boo string a few days ago to test for him....over all looks are, well it's a boo string what else can one say :wink: ....compairing it to another one of his strings, a excalibur factory FF this looks like some slick material he is trying for new string material....i'll be shooting it in a few days with a chrony to compair speeds of it to the other two strings above....don how many shots are ya thinking i'll get before this new string needs reserving, i'll be rotating it every 25 shots or so with one twist of a loop on one side only....my thoughts are instead of a full 180 degree turn of the serving it will only 90 degree....then next turn will be the other side one turn of the loop, do ya think that will work to keep the claws at 4 different spots instead of only two spots on two sides........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bob1961 wrote:received a boo string a few days ago to test for him....over all looks are, well it's a boo string what else can one say :wink: ....compairing it to another one of his strings, a excalibur factory FF this looks like some slick material he is trying for new string material....i'll be shooting it in a few days with a chrony to compair speeds of it to the other two strings above....don how many shots are ya thinking i'll get before this new string needs reserving, i'll be rotating it every 25 shots or so with one twist of a loop on one side only....my thoughts are instead of a full 180 degree turn of the serving it will only 90 degree....then next turn will be the other side one turn of the loop, do ya think that will work to keep the claws at 4 different spots instead of only two spots on two sides........bob

Bob, lets not turn it and make this a torture test. I'm hoping it has to be reserved after 300 shots or more for wear reasons rather than separation reasons.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Boo wrote:make this a torture test
Boo . . .I like the way you think!

Boo also sent me a string for the test. Looking forward to dishing out a little torture! 8) I hope it lasts 300 shots . . .the odds are against it with the Exomax and I'm buffed. :) I pity this pretty little string! :twisted: :lol:

Sure is a great looking string . . .I'll post my full review when I'm finished. Actually, I might even start a thread so you guys can keep track. . .we'll see.

We should start a pool.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen