Phoenix or Exocet 200

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Aero320

Phoenix or Exocet 200

Post by Aero320 »

I am down to either the Phoenix or Exocet 200. The non-thumbhole stocks have a better feel for me personally (that is why the Vortex or Ibex is not on the list). I like the idea of the ease of use of the 175 pound bow but like the speed of the 200. I will be 60 next month, hope to deer hunt for another 10 years. Any suggestions?
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
wheelie

Re: Phoenix or Exocet 200

Post by wheelie »

Best bet is find a store with both that you can shoot. then you will know forsure. No sence getting one and finding out later you made the wrong choice. Thats my opinion for what it is worth.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

wheelie wrote:Best bet is find a store with both that you can shoot. then you will know forsure. No sence getting one and finding out later you made the wrong choice. Thats my opinion for what it is worth.
My opinion also!
Try 'em both and see what you think. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've got an Ecet, Vixen, had an Emax. After seeing a Vixen blow through hogs twice now w/ Vixenmaster, would think the Phoenix would be fine.

I'd thought my Ecet was a Phoenix[long story] for over a year, and then couldn't give it up, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
spike

Post by spike »

I have a vortex and a vixen. If I was going to have only one bow it would be the phoenix/ibex. The vortex/exocet gives a bit more speed than the phoenix and a flatter trajectory which is nice for longer shots which I don't take anyway. In many respects, I have more bow than I need with the 200 lb vortex. Either way, you will have a nice bow.

Spike
ROGER
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Had a 200 lb bow now shoot the Phoenix it is all I will ever need
I also have a vixen for the kids
Tenpoint Matrix
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

The Exocet 200 comes with a Deer Magnet, the Phoenix does not. :)

If God intended man/woman to have thumb hole stocks then Walnut trees would grow with holes through the trunk. :)

Joking aside, though I'm very happy with my Exocet 200 the Phoenix would do just fine for deer hunting.

Bill K.
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

If the Phoenix makes the most sense of the two, should I also consider the Axiom. Seems that comments on that bow are pretty favorable and I am finding some good deals online. I plan to add the S5 Suppressors regardless. Would the dampening bars also need to be added? How is the scope on the Axiom?

Thanks,

P.S. Got my note from the doctor signed this afternoon, I will be able to use the crossbow during the entire Kentucky archery season in the fall.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

It doesn't matter which one you get now...just flip a coin. Which ever one you pick will be great and then you will want another one shortly thereafter. :D
DEO VINDICE
liketoshoot

Post by liketoshoot »

Aero 320

I bought a Pheonix a month ago. I went through the same decision process you are now. I shot an Axiom.
I shot a Pheonix. Then I cocked the Pheonix, and decided that was enough for me.... Now after adjusting the rope cocker, It is a lot easier than when I cocked it at BPS... That being said... I like the Pheonix a lot... It is dead on at 10,20,and 30yds so far.. I don't plan on shooting a deer past 30 yds anyway... I want to be closer... :wink: 292fps through the chrony, with an arrow weight of 402... I got the excal sts as well... It's all good! Think about all the game animals that have been taken with a 150lb bow... for me the Pheonix is just right... I am 5'9" and old enough for the Mc Donalds senior coffee discount.. :)

hope that helps...
shoot more and shoot more often
secret

Post by secret »

Buy both!! I own a Exocet 200 and i want a Axiom or a Phoenix for turkey hunting!!!!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I did fondle Vixenmaster thumbholed Vixen when he wasn't looking and it sure felt good. :D
Didn't catch that show, w/ or w/o underwear? [dam you Don!] :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"