Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 36

David XP

Broken Arrows

Post by David XP »

I have had my Exomax for 3 weeks now and i target shoot every Saturday for a few hours and i have shot though one arrow (my bad) but i have had the tip eject from three others i find this unreasonable......I could be wrong does this happen often????is there a fix or are they warrantied?
I shoot into a black hole target,my Buddy has the same setup and he has never had the problem... :cry:

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Exomax 11
S5
Lumi Zone
Dereck

Re: Broken Arrows

Post by Dereck »

Yesterday was shooting into a turkey decoy (stuffed with clothing)and had the tip break off just above the insert.
I think this happened due to we were using two fiber glass pole to stand it up and when it hit the decoy spun and that may have snapped the arrow
Tenpoint Matrix
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I've had several inserts come off my firebolts when shooting my vortex...none with my ibex, guess that extra 25lbs makes a difference!!
Shooting into a morrell yellow jacket target.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

inserts coming out of arrows is part of bowhunting :D high speeds, sudden stops, glue break-down.. many things contribute to it. Buy some gorilla glue and re-do the inserts in your arrows if you want them to NEVER come apart again! The manufacturers must use a glue that makes it possible to remove inserts if you want to swap them out or tune 'em. problem is that you may lose some.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Breaking arrows or inserts coming out? Think it was firebolts they had a bad batch that the inserts were coming out. Had to remove them and reglue them.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Over past couple of seasons hunting i have had 6 break after hitting my game. Either they snap by animal running as they were passing thru or hit a rock and became several useless peices. I use gorilla glue don't lose any inserts while shooting targets.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

one shot scott wrote:The manufacturers must use a glue that makes it possible to remove inserts if you want to swap them out or tune 'em. problem is that you may lose some.
I agree. I also have had this happen a few times when shooting my Exomax. That sudden stop is tough on lesser glues. I've pulled out a few arrows and left the field points and breadheads in the target.

A little dab of Gorilla Glue on the end any you'll never have to worry about the end coming out again. Of course you'll never be able to get it out either.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

I had a lot of inserts coming out with GT II. I stick to Firebolts.
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
novacam

Post by novacam »

I've had bad luck with firebolts, one snapped in half on contact with my target and I've lost a few inserts too.
I use custom arrows now, same weight and length but a bit less expensive and have nit had a problem.
David XP

Post by David XP »

today i tried locktite red and it seems to be holding up i shot at the targets all morning and so far so good....
Exomax 11
S5
Lumi Zone
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

georgiaboy wrote:I've had several inserts come off my firebolts when shooting my vortex...none with my ibex, guess that extra 25lbs makes a difference!!
Shooting into a morrell yellow jacket target.
I've lost inserts from Firebolts on several occasions shooting from my Ibex. I didn't mind so much when it was a field point that went flying (although I still searched until I found them) but I was plenty ticked off when it was a Boltcutter that flew off. Who cares about the $10.00, I was worreid that I would not find it and that my one year old, or anyone else for that matter, might get hurt running barefoot by stepping on it. I searched with a buddy for about half an hour until we found it. Now I only target shoot my broadheads with an arrow that I have glued the insert into.

Regards,
KBW

Post by KBW »

wheelie wrote:Breaking arrows or inserts coming out? Think it was firebolts they had a bad batch that the inserts were coming out. Had to remove them and reglue them.
LAST WEEK 2 OUT OF 6 BAD INSERTS
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Well, since this thread has been bumped back to the top: Loc-tite (thread locker) may hold the insert for a short while, but not an ideal glue for inserts.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Three failures shooting 3 bow:
1. Arrow disintegrated (in) 365 fps bow when plastic nock failed;
2. arrow went through TWO sides of metal hog wire, glanced off one tree and stuck into another;
3. removing an arrow that had penetrated very deep into very wet target. Likely cracked that one with pliers-type arrow
remover. That one had been shot quite a few times, glad it's out of the rotation.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

hada few break fish'n round tha jetties... and one hunting that wasa pass thru and hit a big bama iron rock !!!!
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.