Axiom plastic?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

Axiom plastic?

Post by sits in trees »

hi, i just saw something in the local gun shop that kinda made me do a triple take and scratch me head a bit, the new Axiom has turned into plastic?????????glad i bought mine last year....
vixenmaster

Re: Axiom plastic?

Post by vixenmaster »

I hear tell its a space age polymer & will hold up to all the shooting fer yrs of service. Don't own one one myself & at 175 pounder its just too much fer me to cock anymore! Well maybe :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I don't think it replaced the aluminum rail model just another option for anyone working on a tight budget to get an excellent bow for the money.
Polymer has been around for a long time heck they make guns out of it and have steel sliding on it I don't think there will be any issues with this model.
Tenpoint Matrix
chaser

Post by chaser »

The good news is,..... the stock and limbs are still made out of metal ! :D

Chaser
liaf

Post by liaf »

sits in trees wrote:hi, i just saw something in the local gun shop that kinda made me do a triple take and scratch me head a bit, the new Axiom has turned into plastic?????????glad i bought mine last year....
Famous quote from the movie "The Graduate"- Dr. McQuire said I want to say one word, just one word. Benjamin (Dustin Hofffman) Yes, Sir-------------- Dr McQuire said -Are You Listening? Benjamin replied, Yes--- Dr. McQuire said, PLASTICS. If it was good 34 years ago its fine now!!!!!!!!!
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
chaser

Post by chaser »

Excellant reference liaf. :D 44 years though, which makes it all the more poignant.

Chaser
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Excal has a strange habit of testing stuff for quite awhile prior to introduction for sales. I know of one product that went from 12/05 to 01/07 [ATA show] and then 04/07 for availability.

I trust 'em!
"Eze 18:21"
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

Dereck wrote:I don't think it replaced the aluminum rail model just another option for anyone working on a tight budget to get an excellent bow for the money.
Polymer has been around for a long time heck they make guns out of it and have steel sliding on it I don't think there will be any issues with this model.
Actually, the plastic stock model has replaced the aluminum rail model in the Axiom only. Excal. is not manufacturing any aluminum rail Axioms anymore.

Regards,
wsm

Post by wsm »

wsm

Post by wsm »

I heard these bows were made of delrin by dupont. I dont know if thats 100 percent true but here is some information from duponts web site.

http://www2.dupont.com/Plastics/en_US/P ... elrin.html
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

kurisu wrote:
Dereck wrote:I don't think it replaced the aluminum rail model just another option for anyone working on a tight budget to get an excellent bow for the money.
Actually, the plastic stock model has replaced the aluminum rail model in the Axiom only. Excal. is not manufacturing any aluminum rail Axioms anymore.

Regards,
At a local bow shop I was told it was an addition to the line.Maybe the guy just didn't know what he was talking about.
Seems to be the way at that shop these days
Tenpoint Matrix
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

At a local bow shop I was told it was an addition to the line.Maybe the guy just didn't know what he was talking about.
Seems to be the way at that shop these days[/quote]
oth at the
Who knows, Derek.

I was just going by the info. I got at the Excal booth at the sportsman show in TO.