may be a silly question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

may be a silly question

Post by xbowrook »

okay, i have a question being a new xbow hunter and all... i have been watching the hunting the backwoods sight ( awesome sight by the way, i love their hunts) and on one hunt, dave goes bear hunting and his string is broke so he changes strings.. now here's my question... he says he's got a string on him "already stretched"... what does that mean? if i go and buy a back up string, do i have to stretch it? do they come pre-stretched? i want to always have a string or two on hand "Just in case", you know? any help would be appreciated, thanks guys
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
bdog

Re: may be a silly question

Post by bdog »

All new strings stretch,some more than others,check the brace height on your bow and you will see the string has stretched,you can stretch it by using it on your bow and leaving it sit over night cocked and then shooting some arrows or build yourself a stretcher,take it off and save for when you need it...
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
georgiaboy

Re: may be a silly question

Post by georgiaboy »

When I put a new string on I leave my bow cocked over night to speed up the stretching process. To reset your brace height just give it a few twist (counter clockwise to shorten).
Usually takes my excal fff about a week to settle in.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"