Age of Vixen.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Age of Vixen.

Post by the elf »

I have a chance to buy a Vixen --with carved limb tips and a black and grey camo system on the stock.
Does anyone have any idea when it was made? It is about 15 inches from where the riser joins the stock or about 14 plus inches from the string to the string catcher above trigger.I forgot to look to see if it was a forward riser or not.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
wheelie

Re: Age of Vixen.

Post by wheelie »

everything about that bow here. even a picture on it.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ilit=vixen

Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I know that bow and if I had the extra money I would have bought it myself don't hesitate on it or you will miss out on a great deal
Tenpoint Matrix
the elf

Post by the elf »

Thanks---------but the one you pictured looks like a home made camo job----nothing like the one I am looking at.
The camo on the one I am thinking about is very irregular shaped blobs all over .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A Vixen like this one ? 1998

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
the elf

Post by the elf »

Vixenmaster----Yes I think that is it----I only had a chance to see it for a very short time so far.
If it is a 1998 bow it is in tremendous shape for its age.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well this model was also painted at factory & they were 1998 & 1999 yrs. I wish i had pic's of each model & their camo or paint, some just brn with limbs painted brn, others are blk
Half Bubble Off BD360

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LMAO! I think if you look close, them blobs will look like leaves. All of them were factory painted.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate just grab it, how much is it going to cost you if you dont mind me asking. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
the elf

Post by the elf »

Blackjack

if I get it ,I will let out all the details. The one I saw did not have the bars---like I said I only got a very very quick look the first time around; but I hope to get a better look soon I hope.The owner has a very busy schedule with a large family ;all
involved in all kinds of things.
I have been looking at a new Vixen----or something [lower draw weight and overall weight and easier to cock]than my Exocet 200----which is not for sale. I do have a crankeroo---but sometimes it can be a pain in the --- if you want a quick second shot.
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

That looks very much like my Vixen, which I bought in the late 1980s - 87-89, or thereabouts.
Jerry
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Norlander wrote:That looks very much like my Vixen, which I bought in the late 1980s - 87-89, or thereabouts.
Jerry
HEY JERRY HAVE YOU GOT ANY PICTURES OF IT YOU CAN POST UP MATE. REGARDS FRANK
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Norlander wrote:That looks very much like my Vixen, which I bought in the late 1980s - 87-89, or thereabouts.
Jerry
I figure yer meaning 97-98, as the vixen started in 95 & its been a great model
Half Bubble Off BD360

the elf

Post by the elf »

Hi All---well It is now mine---I have it at home and it is mint condition.It came with the drop zone scope
6 arrow quiver and 3--2117's with broadheads.It has the carved limb tips and has the leaf pattern just like
vixenmaster's.I am going to try it with things as they are---but I have the option of a complete limb and bracket assembly
with the mag tips.

Can someone please tell me a very good brace height for my new vixen---and what works well for Deer and smaller game;arrow wise.
Brace height is now about 7/8 of an inch from the joint of riser and limb bracket.
I am pumped----and my wife just rolled her eyes and shook her head as she walked away.[lol].
the elf

Post by the elf »

Before I forget---I can't do pictures and there is no sling posts. Where do I attach a sling at the front?