Fire Bolts inserts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Amos

Fire Bolts inserts

Post by Amos »

I have bought a half dozen 2 times and have had problems with the inserts coming out in the target. Six fire bolts came with my bow and I had the same problem.
I am tired of losing field points and broad heads. I bought my last half dozen from Bass Pro and they did the same thing. After paying full price for them
I don't feel I should have that problem.

Amos
Boo

Re: Fire Bolts inserts

Post by Boo »

It would be much easier to help you if you stated your location in your profile. If you are in the US contact Danny Miller at 740 483 2312. Rather than posting your grievances on a public forum consider contacting Excalibur Toll Free: 800-463-1817. That will skip a step for what you have to do to have your problems rectified.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Take them back to Bass Pro . . .they will fix them.

I've seen the same complaint from several different brands of arrows. It's not a problem that is specific to Firebolts. Buy custom arrows from Big John or Crazy Farmer here on the forum and that problem goes away. Or, better yet, get the supplies and build your own.

Otherwise, everytime you buy new arrows, jerk the insert out and reglue with Gorilla Glue.

I always like to contact the maker directly with any issues I have . . .that way they have an opportunity to correct the problem and they know there is a problem. I do that FIRST . . .if I don't like the response, then I post it here as a warning to my friends.

Good luck.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
KBW

Post by KBW »

Amos wrote:I have bought a half dozen 2 times and have had problems with the inserts coming out in the target. Six fire bolts came with my bow and I had the same problem.
I am tired of losing field points and broad heads. I bought my last half dozen from Bass Pro and they did the same thing. After paying full price for them
I don't feel I should have that problem.

Amos
UP HERE IN NOVA SCOTIA , I HAVE BOUGHT AT LEAST A HALF A DOZEN BOXES AT 75 DOLLARS A BOX , TAXES IN, AND AT LEAST A THIRD OF THEM HAD BAD INSERTS ,.. EXCALIBER WANTS ME TO SEND THEM BACK AT MY COST AND MY TIME , AND YOUR RIGHT I DON'T FEEL I SHOULDN HAVE THAT PROBLEM,......GLUE AND INSERTS WOULD BE NICE,,,,,,,,,,,KBW
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
KBW

Post by KBW »

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR EXCALIBER,IN YOUR FIRE BOLT PACKAGE , 6 FIREBOLTS A BAG OF INSERTS AND A 24 HOUR SETTING GLUE, ASSEMBLE AT HOME, I WOULD VOTE FOR THAT .... KBW
strum

Post by strum »

KBW wrote:I HAVE AN IDEA FOR EXCALIBER,IN YOUR FIRE BOLT PACKAGE , 6 FIREBOLTS A BAG OF INSERTS AND A 24 HOUR SETTING GLUE, ASSEMBLE AT HOME, I WOULD VOTE FOR THAT .... KBW
I have to say ..where do we draw the line on warranty..?. Excal has the best warranty/service there is any where..
KBW..all you have to do is call em..but in their defence..how is it their fault if we shoot arrows ..who knows how many times .into who knows what kind of target under who knows what conditions..?
I have a set of firebolts i have shot into bag and a block target..with and without field tips..100s of times now..yesterday i found one bent ..no should i blame Excal?..I think not..its the nature of what we are doing here..
If you are having that problem and you know its a problem then before you even shoot your arrows ..pull the inserts ..put some gorrila glue or 24 hr epoxy on em and you good,,
i just think that we have to be sensitive to the fact that they (excaibur) didnt take us to raise..they just sold us the best crossbows money can buy ..and back them up above and beyond what they have to..just sayin..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
KBW

Post by KBW »

strum wrote:
KBW wrote:I HAVE AN IDEA FOR EXCALIBER,IN YOUR FIRE BOLT PACKAGE , 6 FIREBOLTS A BAG OF INSERTS AND A 24 HOUR SETTING GLUE, ASSEMBLE AT HOME, I WOULD VOTE FOR THAT .... KBW
I have to say ..where do we draw the line on warranty..?. Excal has the best warranty/service there is any where..
KBW..all you have to do is call em..but in their defence..how is it their fault if we shoot arrows ..who knows how many times .into who knows what kind of target under who knows what conditions..?
I have a set of firebolts i have shot into bag and a block target..with and without field tips..100s of times now..yesterday i found one bent ..no should i blame Excal?..I think not..its the nature of what we are doing here..
If you are having that problem and you know its a problem then before you even shoot your arrows ..pull the inserts ..put some gorrila glue or 24 hr epoxy on em and you good,,
i just think that we have to be sensitive to the fact that they (excaibur) didnt take us to raise..they just sold us the best crossbows money can buy ..and back them up above and beyond what they have to..just sayin..
OR MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMPAMY THAT MAKES THEIR BOLTS,AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT MY IDEA FOR A WHILE
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

KBW wrote:I HAVE BOUGHT AT LEAST A HALF A DOZEN BOXES AT 75 DOLLARS A BOX , TAXES IN, AND AT LEAST A THIRD OF THEM HAD BAD INSERTS,,,,,,,,,,,KBW

I rather like the idea of leaving the inserts for the end user to glue . . .but, typically the guys that buy those arrows want them assembled . . .correctly. I am all for letting the guys know they have a glue problem and expect it to be corrected . . .not that big of a problem.

However, if I shot an arrow and the insert fell out, then I'd think it's a fluke and glue it back in. If another fell out, then I'd expect it was no longer a fluke and I'd re-glue them all. To think you went through 20+ arrows before you decided to take action is not cool.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me. Right?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
strum

Post by strum »

KBW wrote:
strum wrote:
OR MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE COMPAMY THAT MAKES THEIR BOLTS,AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT MY IDEA FOR A WHILE
You know,,i typed out a long reply and then i deleted all of it,,glad you didnt read what i said..it wasnt pretty..have a :D blessed day
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
strum

Post by strum »

20+?..i missed that,,,have a blessed day
Last edited by strum on Thu May 05, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
KBW

Post by KBW »

strum wrote:Have a blessed day :D
8)