Blazers that wont glue.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

philman

Blazers that wont glue.

Post by philman »

Has anyone ever bought blazers that wont stick to arrows??? I dont know what the heck is wrong but I bought 25 camo,25 white,25 orange blazers and only the white ones stick. Tryed 3 types of adhesives and these thing wont stick no matter how long I wait. I used acetone, alcohol, even tryed windex to clean the shaft. Nothing will get these things glued. White ones go on and stay on. I even tryed roughing up the shaft with sand paper with no luck. Any help would be great thanks in advance. :x
roly

Re: Blazers that wont glue.

Post by roly »

Did you try cleaning the fletching

normally don't need to , could be something on them.
munch

Post by munch »

i have had a problem with some before as well .but think it was what they used as a release agent in the mold that makes them.like roly said are you cleaning the grove with anything before you apply the glue
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Normous

Post by Normous »

PM Pydpiper for advice.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I had that problem a little while back and in my case it turned out to be a combination of older glue and a gunked up AZ-EZ Fletch jig. Some new Loctite super glue gel and giving the jig a soak in acetone fixed the problem for me.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The only time I've had trouble, it was a glue issue. I never clean anything and the Blazers stick. What glue are you using? The glue I had trouble with was a Bohning product . . .I thought it would be perfect since they made both.

I've had no issues with using the super glue gels.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I had 100 pak do that, didn't matter what glue i used or that i cleaned with acetone or & scrubbed using ajax. Some just would fall off others you could finger pull them off. I watched some of mine fall off during a cold snap when it got to the Teens.I use Fusions now! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
philman

Post by philman »

I took a close look at the vanes and bottom of them are flat there is an unequal leg length so they dont seat properly on the shaft. I have used fletch tite platnum by bohning, Goat tuff, and loctite. I think the problem is the vains dont sit on the shaft properly. I have tryed cleaning the vanes but that did not help. The white ones have a grove on the bottom of them and they go on great..........I'm just gonna toss em out and buy some new ones. A few bad batches floating around I guess. Thanks.
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

With the older blazers I used to rough up the base with a fine sandpaper pad then wipe them clean with 99 % isopropl alcohol. Keeping the jig free of glue build up is important as noted. Gorilla glue with the blue top has worked well. I would also have to say that the 2010 version of the vane, the ones with the bohning logo, seem to work better than the earlier version.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
philman

Post by philman »

I like the newer vanes too. The white ones atleast. :)....I just emailed bohning about the issue. I hope they have some answers. Thanks.
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

had similiarthing happen try beyond bond thats what i did glues them in at molecular level, it worked very well
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The early one's didn't have a glue groove later one's did & sometimes they had release gunk & sandpaper didn't help. I just moved on to the Fusions.
Half Bubble Off BD360

Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Have tried 6 different glues, including LocTite, Goat--. Boehning, GT, etc and none sticks as well as Gorilla brand 'super glue. It's latex fortified so not only holds better but won't crack.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Pilman,
Just PM'd you. Dale Voice, VP of marketing with Bohning will be contacting you to discuss the glue issue and make things right. Bohning a great company with great people. The company I work for does business with them and I have come to be friends with most of the Bohning family. Please e-mail him personally with the e-mail address I provided in the PM.
In the Wind.......
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

See4miles wrote:Pilman,
Just PM'd you. Dale Voice, VP of marketing with Bohning will be contacting you to discuss the glue issue and make things right. Bohning a great company with great people. The company I work for does business with them and I have come to be friends with most of the Bohning family. Please e-mail him personally with the e-mail address I provided in the PM.
I hope they help him. I use to use fletch tite til it wouldn't hold vanes anymore. Went to their Platinum glue & it won't hold the Blasers i had on alum. shafts, i quit using their products. Too many other good that will work to worry with the agrivation.
Half Bubble Off BD360