Boo's stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Re: Boo's stock

Post by Hi5 »

When bureaucrats are asked a direct question, USUALLY they are honest with their answer. So...

1. Ask the bureaucrat to state under what authority the stock is seized. I'm pretty sure it's because there has been a misundestanding and someone ruled that it was a firearm part being illegally exported. Don't move onto step two till you have this pinned down, however.

2. Ask for ALL of the means of appealing a wrong conclusion if the stock is being seized because it's been declared to be a firearm part. There may be more than one appeal procedure. You want the simplest, cheapest and fastest.

3. Get them to fax, email, or snail mail you a printout of all of the appeal procedures. Watch out for deadlines on filing your appeal.

4. Likely the onus will be one you to disprove the ruling that it was a firearm part. You will need evidence that it was a crossbow stock. You took several photos during manufacture of the stock. Print them on paper and send them to Bill T, and ask him to sign the back of each photo and provide a covering letter on company stationary confirming that the photos are of a crossbow stock designed to fit a bow made by his company. The letter should also state that the stock is now a finished product and could not be adapted to fit a firearm without so much alteration that it would essentially destroy the stock. It would be wise also the present photos of a factory crossbow stock that clearly demonstrate the special requirements of a crossbow stock that are common features of the Boo stock and the factory stock. I am presuming Bill T's willingness to co-operate in this regard--you need to ask him.

In the scheme of things, this is an uncomplicated issue. Remember, as much of a pain as this is to the crossbow crowd, it is going to be obvious to the the Customs folks that this will not be a gratifying execise for them, either. Being a jerk is only enjoyable if you are likely to get away with it. Be stubborn. Be polite. Demonstate that you WILL prove them wrong, and DO so.

They will have bigger fish to play with. You won't be worth the effort.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hi5 . . .all done . . .well, except getting Bill T. to sign off. I was told it shouldn't be needed, but, they are giving us the run around. We have to go through the bad cop to get to the good cop and the bad cop is very good at her position. It's incredible how good she is . . . she is awesome at being bad.

The problem is, they are so use to being correct, they have not taken into consideration the possibility of being wrong. They treat every phone call as if they are talking to a terrorist or a criminal. I am assuming it's a habit they have picked up over the years. In most cases, that's what they are doing.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

sumner4991 wrote:Hi5 . . .all done . . .well, except getting Bill T. to sign off. I was told it shouldn't be needed, .......................
Don't trust that advice.

You need to be prepared to do overkill. Otherwise, you will be screwed if they", whoever "they" is, decide that you actually haven't quite proved your point. Then they will make their decision based on what they say is not quite enough information, and once that appeal is exhausted, you may not get a chance to bring in more information.

I know I am speaking in generalities, but I don't know how forcefully you have proved your point. It needs to be proven to the point that a contrary, misinformed, misguided, retard, even gets the point. You may only get once shot at an appeal.

I can't help but think of the Monty Python Dead Parrot skit. You may have to be as insistent as the John Cleese character. You may have an even more peverse person to deal with than the shopkeeper, and there may be only one shot at the appeal.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Persistance pays off in the end. But don't think for one minute it is just your goverment. Canada would operate in the very same manor as you are getting on your side of the boarder. You guys are doing all of us a favor for the future. Thank you
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I got the stock BACK! I GOT IT BACK TODAY!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone for your words of susport and Boo for his infinite patience and last but not by far the least, " Scot talk alot Sumner" for working his verbal magic on the witch "Madane Locke". Going to keep it for a day or two and then try again. Don't know wether to laugh or cry. Think I'll do both.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Have a beer or two and no tears!
I wish my best with the second time around.
You may want to hold off a bit since Canada Post has a potential strike deadline tonight at midnight. Any other carrier is still good, example- Fed Ex or UPS.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:I got the stock BACK! I GOT IT BACK TODAY!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone for your words of susport and Boo for his infinite patience and last but not by far the least, " Scot talk alot Sumner" for working his verbal magic on the witch "Madane Locke". Going to keep it for a day or two and then try again. Don't know wether to laugh or cry. Think I'll do both.
Yep, Scott talks the talk and walks the talk! :shock: I think! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Scott! Thanks Mike!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

Great News! Let's hope you can complete the transfer without incident this time
around. Thanks for your persistence and perseverence.
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
strum

Post by strum »

That truly is good ..no..great news!!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Aging crossbower , I may be able to assist you in getting the stock to Boo . Check your Pm
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am very glad to hear that you received the stock back & now its another round to deliver it to Boo. sumner4991 glad you were helped him on this & have a good one
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I have been following along the way and glad to hear that you say, it's returned. Now If this ever gets to Boo.. I think we are going to want to see Photographic Proof. Until then I'm I'm not holding my breath any more..Geeeze....
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Glad to hear you got it back. :) :)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Congrats on getting the stock back. I know that you worked way too hard on it to have it taken away like that.Rest easy you deserve it. I am sure glad that it worked out.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Great news getting it back :D Now to get delivered! :x
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting