Boo's stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Boo's stock

Post by Raymond »

Way to go. Problem solved. What a good group of people on this forum.
Thanks,
Raymond
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

He will not sleep until you have it in your hands. Which will be soon . . .I got a feeling. :D[/quote]
Scott, thank you very much for your help in this matter. I appreciate the help![/quote]

It never would of gotten back to its rightfull owner without the silver tongued devil Scott Sumner thats for sure. He can talk his way in and out of trouble and be smiling all the way. Thanks you, Scott!! And to all the members for chiming in on the matter. Made me feel like I was'nt alone on all this. Thanks a bunch. And, its 3 AM and I will not rest until the stock is back where it should be. In Don's hands.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have a good feeling about this guys, but, I've also seen a few balls fumbled inches from the goal line. Let's celebrate after Boo has the stock. :wink:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

sumner4991 wrote:I have a good feeling about this guys, but, I've also seen a few balls fumbled inches from the goal line. Let's celebrate after Boo has the stock. :wink:
I have a good feeling too but it's a good idea to hold off on the victory dance until the whole deal becomes final. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Called and she did'nt check her mail yet. Reminded me that I am not the only person on the list. Blew me a kiss and will get back to me in a week. Gag me! Like pulling teeth. Should have been a dentist. :roll:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You should have included a box of chocolates. :mrgreen: My bad.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
agingcrossbower

She called me and right back to square one. Blah, Blah, Blah. Scott is enjoying this. For me its pure torture. Life is to short, I am ready to move on and forget about it.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

NEVER GIVE UP! This is worth fighting for! Even if it weren't such a gorgeous work of art, it's a matter of principle. Right is right. Don't give up!!!

Besides, Excalibur owners don't back down so easy. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
agingcrossbower

VixChix wrote:NEVER GIVE UP! This is worth fighting for! Even if it weren't such a gorgeous work of art, it's a matter of principle. Right is right. Don't give up!!!

I swear Vix, this is not fun at all. Life is to short. I would rather make Boo a better stock. I fact I have an idea I regret I did'nt do on the first. This is the sort of thing that gives a person heart burn or worse. I do this to enjoy myself. Let them live their miserable lives.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It's painful for us to hear of it too. :( We so very much enjoyed following the creation process here on the forum... I think I speak for most of the members when I say that in a way we feel it was taken from all of us, not just from you and Boo.

For what it's worth, we're rooting for you! My stomach is in knots over this - I'm glad that Sumner has his gloves on :D and that you're not giving up.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

agingcrossbower wrote:
VixChix wrote:NEVER GIVE UP! This is worth fighting for! Even if it weren't such a gorgeous work of art, it's a matter of principle. Right is right. Don't give up!!!

I swear Vix, this is not fun at all. Life is to short. I would rather make Boo a better stock. I fact I have an idea I regret I did'nt do on the first. This is the sort of thing that gives a person heart burn or worse. I do this to enjoy myself. Let them live their miserable lives.
Mike the worst thing about this whole ordeal is the stress you are under, I feel for you and pray it will be over soon. Hang in there, Alot of ppl are putting in and helping because you are a respected man on this forum.
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Mike . . .just approach this as a loss with a cause. No big deal either way. Right? You just want to make sure you didn't quit on yourself. As long as you always give it your best shot, then all is right in the world.

The only regrets I have in my past are times that I feel like I could have done more, but, I did not. I had lots of great excuses, but, in reality, I just didn't give it my all.

Get the stock or lose the stock . . .no loss to you because you will be without the stock no matter what. Boo never had the stock, so he loses nothing. The only thing that will eat you is simply not giving it your best shot.

Just see it to the end and we are all happy.

There's a lot of crap out here . . .we just need to learn how to ignore it.

Don't worry, be happy. Eh?

Vix is right . . .good vs. evil . . .we need to see this to the end. No big deal.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

When bureaucrats are asked a direct question, USUALLY they are honest with their answer. So...

1. Ask the bureaucrat to state under what authority the stock is seized. I'm pretty sure it's because there has been a misundestanding and someone ruled that it was a firearm part being illegally exported. Don't move onto step two till you have this pinned down, however.

2. Ask for ALL of the means of appealing a wrong conclusion if the stock is being seized because it's been declared to be a firearm part. There may be more than one appeal procedure. You want the simplest, cheapest and fastest.

3. Get them to fax, email, or snail mail you a printout of all of the appeal procedures. Watch out for deadlines on filing your appeal.

4. Likely the onus will be one you to disprove the ruling that it was a firearm part. You will need evidence that it was a crossbow stock. You took several photos during manufacture of the stock. Print them on paper and send them to Bill T, and ask him to sign the back of each photo and provide a covering letter on company stationary confirming that the photos are of a crossbow stock designed to fit a bow made by his company. The letter should also state that the stock is now a finished product and could not be adapted to fit a firearm without so much alteration that it would essentially destroy the stock. It would be wise also the present photos of a factory crossbow stock that clearly demonstrate the special requirements of a crossbow stock that are common features of the Boo stock and the factory stock. I am presuming Bill T's willingness to co-operate in this regard--you need to ask him.

In the scheme of things, this is an uncomplicated issue. Remember, as much of a pain as this is to the crossbow crowd, it is going to be obvious to the the Customs folks that this will not be a gratifying execise for them, either. Being a jerk is only enjoyable if you are likely to get away with it. Be stubborn. Be polite. Demonstate that you WILL prove them wrong, and DO so.

They will have bigger fish to play with. You won't be worth the effort.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hi5 . . .all done . . .well, except getting Bill T. to sign off. I was told it shouldn't be needed, but, they are giving us the run around. We have to go through the bad cop to get to the good cop and the bad cop is very good at her position. It's incredible how good she is . . . she is awesome at being bad.

The problem is, they are so use to being correct, they have not taken into consideration the possibility of being wrong. They treat every phone call as if they are talking to a terrorist or a criminal. I am assuming it's a habit they have picked up over the years. In most cases, that's what they are doing.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen