Boo's stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Boo's stock

Post by agingcrossbower »

The US customs in its infinite wisdom decided to seize Boo's stock at the border. I wrote "Wood Stock" as the desription and apparently they saw it as a firearm stock so they took it. Its either fight them or forfiet it and I have decided to let them have it. The frustration and stress would have weighed heavily on me. Can't take it anymore. With any luck they will hurt themselves with it, at least I hope so.
The good news is I get to make Boo another stock. This one will be better than the last. The only hard part will be the border now that I'm a gun runner with a rap sheet. :roll: Sure am glad I did a build along so I can look at it any time I want. Like I've said before Thanks God I love making stock guz their sure as hell is not any money in it. Life is to short for that sort of stuff. Anyway unusual end to a stock you have to admit. Aging
Last edited by agingcrossbower on Wed May 11, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcmuledeer

Re: Boo's stock

Post by bcmuledeer »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:
Say it isn't true,, You are alot more understanding then me! I would be pissed big time! Maybe they watched the build along and were worried about the patched hole that dash liked!!!!
Feel for both you and Don, dare I asked we can watch the build again? Will understand if you say no. :D
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Sorry; I'm still pissed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Those buggers just wanted it for themselves. :evil:
They really know how to put the screws to someone. The worst part is that everytime I cross the border it appears to be nothing but 19 year olds on power trips. Sorry to hear of the bad news aging and boo.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

That sure does suck ...My heart goes out to ya for the loss...Those Bastards
agingcrossbower

Like I said, Life is to short. I think about it and my stomach goes crazy. That stuff eats on me. It will be a while before I do Don's stock. I have another to do for a customer so it will be july or so. Have to think about a built along. Would rather move on the this other stock and get my mind off of Boo's stock for a while. We'll see. Glad you enjoyed it that much.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That is a bunch of BS. That is going to far. I am so sorry to hear that Aging and Boo. You mean to tell me that wooden stocks cannot be sent over the border? Why don't you call your government official? I would not let them pieces of garbage get away with that. Just thinking of the work and sweat that you put into that, it boils my blood. If it were me I would have everyone of them pieces of garbage running with their tale between their legs. I would have an apology before I was finished with them if I were you.
Raymond
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

The US lets Bill T send thousands of crossbows across the border but Canada won't let a stock for one bow in their country? :evil: :evil: Sorry Canadians, but if that's the way your gov't likes to deal I won't be sending anything up north anytime soon. Isn't it amazing how one customs person can give your whole country a black eye? Maybe you elected your new conservative government just in time. :lol: Gary
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Unbelievable,
If it is Canada Customs it is hung up in, Don would have to contact his MPP, and tell him the story and he/she will contact the customs office. Going to have to tell him it is for a crossbow. I take my bows across the boarder alot. In the end, I think you will find they just want more money to get it across. If you sent as a gift, got to keep your story and not change it now.

Happy Holidays agingcrossbower, You are likely on the terrorist watch group now! We will write you in Gontonamo Bay. They likely have a wood shop there! Havn't seen any stealth helicoppers flying above your house yet have you? Say thanks to the Navy Seals for us when they drop in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
agingcrossbower

GaryM wrote:The US lets Bill T send thousands of crossbows across the border but Canada won't let a stock for one bow in their country? :evil: :evil: Sorry Canadians, but if that's the way your gov't likes to deal I won't be sending anything up north anytime soon. Isn't it amazing how one customs person can give your whole country a black eye? Maybe you elected your new conservative government just in time. :lol: Gary

NO,No, no the US government stopped it. Its sitting down in chicago they say.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

agingcrossbower wrote: Its sitting down in chicago they say.
OMG . . .sorry aging, I don't know any dirty, rotten, stinking, crooked, cheating, on the take, mafia politicians, otherwise, I might could get some help to solve this problem.

There has to be an angle . . .anybody know a way to get that stock back??
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I shipped a Mark Hannger wood stock and a Muzzle loader into Can. no prob, I marked both items to be repaired, they both got where they were meant to be. Damn shame how it was taken away that easy, where ever they have the stock at I prob would be next to it in a straight jacket :twisted: Sorry guys

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
agingcrossbower

Limbs and Sticks wrote:I shipped a Mark Hannger wood stock and a Muzzle loader into Can. no prob, I marked both items to be repaired, they both got where they were meant to be. Damn shame how it was taken away that easy, where ever they have the stock at I prob would be next to it in a straight jacket :twisted: Sorry guys

Wes
Guess I am just lucky. I'm sure anything I ship out of the country now will be stopped. I am a marked man. I hate my life.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate the worlds gone mad l tell you. what a joke ah, l said to dash not long ago if they dont like what we do then thats fine build us a shed in the desert & l'll be happy there with my toys till l die..& believe me l mean that l'm really over this type of bullsh.t. its just noncence...good luck anyhow & hope boo ends up getting his stock. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear you've been done like that after all your hard work and efforts!!
What a bunch of idiots!
If there is no way for you to convince them it is archery equipment and they won't let it be exported they should at least give you back YOUR property.
What a bunch of crooks!! :twisted:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads