Crazy Idea - Need Input

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaGriz

Crazy Idea - Need Input

Post by DaGriz »

How many of you would be willing to make offers on a custom knife without seeing a picture?
So do you trust me? Are you willing to take a chance?
I don't believe anyone who has gotten a knife for me has been disappoiinted.

If you are the confirmed buyer, I would post a picture. If you feel it isn't worth what you offered the deal would be void. If you think it is worth it you pay me and I ship you the knife

I would briefly describe it without giving too much information. Of course there would be a minimum staring offer required.

Let me know

BAD MOVE SUGGESTING THIS. LET'S JUST FORGET IT
Last edited by DaGriz on Fri May 20, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
agingcrossbower

Re: Crazy Idea - Need Input

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well, thats a new twist. You know the old saying and picture is worth a thousand words. Darrel, you know everyone that would lay down serious money trusts you so whats the point. A pic would be most helpful because everyone has a different taste for things. Different blade lengths, knife shapes and handle color and grip. Its up to you but even ones that don't end up bidding just would like to look at your masterpieces. Dazzle us Darrel!!! :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Boo wrote:I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife!
Thats what you say NOW. Wait till you see it. I must have eye candy I must have eye candy I must have eye candy etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

LET'S JUST FORGET I EVEN MENTIONED IT
Last edited by DaGriz on Fri May 20, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:
Boo wrote:I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife!
Thats what you say NOW. Wait till you see it. I must have eye candy I must have eye candy I must have eye candy etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Stash

Post by Stash »

I'm curious why you'd even want to sell a knife in that manner. What's the advantage?

I wouldn't buy one that way, even knowing the quality. Then again, I wouldn't buy a top quality knife based on pictures alone anyways. I'd need to handle it, feel the grip, the balance, the weight first.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

FLUCK IT, JUST FORGET I EVEN MENTIONED IT

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

agingcrossbower

It was just a suggestion people. Give a guy a break. :roll: WHEELIE, put that popcorn down! :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Stash wrote:I'm curious why you'd even want to sell a knife in that manner. What's the advantage?

I wouldn't buy one that way, even knowing the quality. Then again, I wouldn't buy a top quality knife based on pictures alone anyways. I'd need to handle it, feel the grip, the balance, the weight first.
I'm not saying that you are flaming the guy but he's offering something from his heart to our benefit. Darrel is a wizard with knives and he offers something at a price that is ridiculous making pretty fancy knives that are normally not affordable affordable so I do not believe negative inputs are warranted.
Stash

Post by Stash »

I'm absolutely not flaming him. I'm simply answering the question he posted. He asked for input, so I gave it. I'm sorry if he didn't like my reply.

He posted asking if people would buy a knife sight unseen: "So do you trust me? Are you willing to take a chance?"

Well, I would certainly trust him that any knife he made was excellent quality and a better than fair price, but I would not take a chance and pay in advance to the greatest knifemaker in the world without handling a sample and seeing the design first. Comfort is an individual preference, and art is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are many people who have a differing opinion.

And when I asked "I'm curious why you'd even want to sell a knife in that manner. What's the advantage?", that wasn't flaming, that was just plain curiosity.
Last edited by Stash on Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I think I see exactly where Dagriz was going with the original message ...

I've never bought a knife from him , but from what I can see they are a work of art !

I also don't know how much they cost , but I'm sure the hours of work that goes into one outweighs the price ...

For me it would be like wabi , e-mailing me , saying

" RJ " , I have another beauty grunt call in the making ... It's got your name on it "

My reply would be .... " make it , ship it and I'll add it to my collection of " Cooper Calls "

I would buy it sight unseen , without even asking the price , because I've bought several from him in the past ... I know the quality , the wood is always interesting ( I have many variations , dark , light , laminate etc. ) and I know the price will be fair ... to me , they are a work of art ! ( fully functional = I've lured in a few beauty bucks with them )

Basically .... you are buying for the name and reputation of the manufacturer .

It's kind of like ... When Excalibur mentioned they were making a Y25 Relayer ... How many people said to themselves " yeah baby ...one of them is going in my collection ! "

Just my $ 0.02

PS > Re : Stash's reply ... I didn't see it as flaming ... Dagriz asked a question and Stash answered honestly based on his opinion ... he is looking at it from his point of view ... that's one thjing we can never escape > we all have varing opinons and points of view .

PPS > My interest is tweaked now .... dying to see what the next Dagriz knife looks like !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

oops double post
Last edited by R.J. on Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife! I'm not allowed to buy another knife !
That cracked me up ... :lol: :lol:

Boo should have a bumper sticker that says ...

" He who dies with the most knives , win's ! "

And Pydpiper should have a bumper sticker that says ...

" He who dies with the most flashlights , win's ! "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And VixChic should have a bumper sticker that says ...

I'm not changing my Purple nail polish till I drop the hammer on a 2011 " Monster Tom ! "

And CH should have a bumper sticker that says ...

Skip ... shoot the freakin bird !