Practice Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

coors

Practice Target

Post by coors »

I am new to hunting with crossbows and was wondering if there is a target out there that I can use field points and broadheads to practice on.
georgiaboy

Re: Practice Target

Post by georgiaboy »

The crossbow block is a good one, that's what i use. :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I use the Crossbow Block and the Morrell crossbow target. The block can be shot with either broadhead or field points, but I only use mine for broadheads. Since my field points fly to the same point as my broadheads, I end up shooting them into the Morrell.

Arrows are easier to pull out of the Morrell bag target and after a thousand or so shots, it's still stops my arrows in less than a half of a shaft length. Can't say that for the Block.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

You can use the Rinehart 18-1 for both. A very good target.
Raymond
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

i take a feed bag pack them with old clothes , stops the field points , i dont know about nbroadheads i never practice shoot them never had to if you have same weight grain and align with fletching you wont have any probs
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

The Rinehart 18:1 is definitely worth the $99. Mine is starting its 3rd season and still has plenty of life left to it. I use it mainly for field points, but will use it for broadheads from time to time. I went through a lot of different targets before...including home made and this has been the best by far!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I use a Black Hole target for broad heads .And burlap bags with rags in them for field tips. I have 4 small ones about the size of a gallon jug ,then I toss them around the back yard ,rangefind them and shoot. I think it makes for good hunting practice.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

i recently bougth the hyper 350 target from american whitetail i like it .i use a bag fill with plastic warp (just ask at any grocerie store receiving area they will probaly givit to you) woork ok for field points
ps pack the bag realy hard!!! and have fun.
got a pic on french forum (enfin un target)
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount