Bear !!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngbuck1

Bear !!!!!!

Post by youngbuck1 »

My buddie just told me that his farm had a huge black bear on his farm this morn it tore apart his bees and is makeing his way to myproperties I hunt ... I'm a little scared to go out know and I'm near Kitchener !!!!! Like 10 mins away
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
youngbuck1

Re: Bear !!!!!!

Post by youngbuck1 »

He has pics too
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
Bones

Post by Bones »

Where is your buddies farm ? they have been roaming the Tavistock area for a few weeks now! I know the area I grew up in Baden and now live in St.Clements. I know Shelby's dad pretty good and have met Shelby a few times.
Bone's
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Southern Ontario bear season coming soon
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Lucky you! One for the memory bank is good. Don't want your friends lively hood destroyed! Have to help repairing his behives so it don't happen again.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

Bones wrote:Where is your buddies farm ? they have been roaming the Tavistock area for a few weeks now! I know the area I grew up in Baden and now live in St.Clements. I know Shelby's dad pretty good and have met Shelby a few times.
Bone's

Pfenings farm near forest glen school and me and Shelby are always hunting together I went hunting with their coyote group this year it's aws
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
Bones

Post by Bones »

Is that farm on the "S" bend at Luxemberg? send Shelbys dad after him. He'll get him. Have to use the nuisance bear card as there is no season for them down here.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

Yes it is
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
Ottawa Valley Lad

Post by Ottawa Valley Lad »

Bones wrote:Is that farm on the "S" bend at Luxemberg? send Shelbys dad after him. He'll get him. Have to use the nuisance bear card as there is no season for them down here.
Help me understand your logic that the bear needs to be harvested.

The population is naturally increasing across the province, and it's only healthy for them to spread out a little. It's not good for them to live trap them and bring them back up this way to be over populated.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

There has been a couple cat sightings down here , i never go in the bush without my rem 870 or compound bow with some spare bulletes just to be safe :)
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

knowing that makes the hunt even better....every noise you here will be loud and in tune..I hunt north of my place a few miles and they treed a 250lb black bear last year real close to my area and sightings of others as well.. It made my wife and I a little nerves to go out in the dark now..but it makes it more for me...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Ottawa Valley Lad wrote:
Bones wrote:Is that farm on the "S" bend at Luxemberg? send Shelbys dad after him. He'll get him. Have to use the nuisance bear card as there is no season for them down here.

The population is naturally increasing across the province, and it's only healthy for them to spread out a little. It's not good for them to live trap them and bring them back up this way to be over populated.

You just answered your own question :roll:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

I don't kn what I will do if I see it and I have my gun
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
Ottawa Valley Lad

bigsy wrote:
Ottawa Valley Lad wrote:

You just answered your own question :roll:
I don't think I answered my own question. I wasn't clear enough, if the bear comes back and rips the hive apart again, yeah it's a problem that need to be dealt with.

One option would be a solar powered electric fence, there is a missionary near Combermere that started using one a few years ago for this very reason and it solved the problem.

If the bear does end up being harvested, I hope that the meat is not spoiled and that you eat it, you might be surprised and enjoy it.

It seems like there is a perception that black bears are big scary human predators, when they are actually big powerful animals that don't like to be screwed with.

If you live in the area where the bear has been seen, it might not be a bad idea to take down your humming bird feeder and bird feeders, don't store garbage outside. Also, bears love dog food too.

On another note, we have more than enough coyotes, and they seem to have started out in the US and have grown and migrated north over the course of time. We should live trap them all and take them back to where they came from.
Ottawa Valley Lad

youngbuck1 wrote:I don't kn what I will do if I see it and I have my gun
If you do end up shooting it, try eating it.