New Kid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hallaketrout

New Kid

Post by Hallaketrout »

Hi, I have been a hunter for about 40 years but I am new to archery hunting.
Due to an old sholder injury I don't have the stamina to hold a draw for a shot with a a bow.
I surveyed 5 archery hunters that I know and got the same answer from all 5, " get an Excalibur Crossbow"
So now I need to get educated, I have a couple of questions:
Is the composite mainframe on the Axiom proving to be reliable? and
I was told by a sales rep at a large sports store to avoid the Lumi-zone scope as it is not durable.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
You are only Young Once but have the rest of your life to be Immature!

Hunting
Kayak Fishing
Fly Fishing
Trap Shooting
30-06
And now Exocet 200/Lumi-zone
one shot scott

Re: New Kid

Post by one shot scott »

My feeling is that a company like Excal wouldn't release a synthetic main frame ( :D ) on the axiom without testing. I don't think they would risk tanishing their customer satisfaction image

If I'm not mistaken I believe bill T mentioned once that the returns on lumizones were about 2%. pretty good! I have had a lumizone for years with no problems. They ha problems with their supplier on the earlier models that were taken care of
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

People are going to think I'm an axiom salesman .They are a great bow if you are on a budget or not.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Can't beat this FORUM or the folks that live here, buy any EXCAL with confidence, shoot any EXCAL with confidence Welcome the the forum

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
If the axiom is what you have your sights on I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger! As was previously stated excal would not put their name on anything that was not quality.
You won't go wrong with the lumizone scope either...or for that matter any excal scope.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Welcome!

Do not hesitate to buy the Axiom.
Remember many bow manufactures have used a composite slide for years.
Tenpoint Matrix
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

By what I know about Excalibur Crossbows I have no problem telling you to buy an Axiom.
Raymond
phil

Post by phil »

Welcome to the forum!...Ex.cal backs their products like no other. Customer service is a pleasure to deal with too! :D
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

WELCOME!! Whatever you decide if it has Excalibur on it you can't go wrong :D
The best things in life are not things!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

As with rifles, and any kind of luminated scope, no matter the brand, if they go on a .17 or a .22 they work fine. You take that scope and put it on a 30.06 and you are upping the chance of problems because there is so much more kick. THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY. Does a crossbow have kick? Do higher poundage crossbows have more kick than the lesser poundage ones? I don't know, I shoot 175 and a 165 pound excalipurs.

One thing is excalipur backs there scopes with warrenty which makes it a non issue.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I'am a crossbow/excalibur, newbie also, (just could not take the pain of drawing the old bow back any more) - though I've been hunting whitetails since 1974 - archery / gun / smoke pole seasons
If it helps, went to the local excal dealer, that happens to have a indoor range & shot 1 of every excal model the have in stock, every one was a tack driver, so I just bought the one that felt best shooting off-hand, for me that was the vortex, with the lumi-zone & a cheek piece, we dim down the lights at the range & the lumi-zone seemed much better with my old eyes, even with the illumination reticle off.
I've since bought the wife a ibex with a lumi-zone, we've shot them many times, with no problems.
Even though we spent more money then we wanted to, the only reget is not getting them sooner. they are a pure joy to shot.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
strider23

Post by strider23 »

If it helps, went to the local excal dealer, that happens to have a indoor range & shot 1 of every excal model the have in stock
That was going to be my recommendation to you. Not everyone has a dealer near them where they can test fire so you are in the lucky minority. My dealer carries crossbows from several different manufacturers and when I asked his opinion for quality and accuracy for my dollar he said "Excalibur". He didn't steer me wrong.

Welcome to the world of crossbow hunting (and the excal forum), you and your wife are going to love it. :D