Which Bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rt2bowhunter

Which Bow

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I am going to buy a new bow. I have went the compound route at this point they are not for me.I have a Ibex and she is sweet.
I'm not sure on which excal to get. I have been told the 225's are real hard on servings. Hard to cock and very loud. But a very hard shooter. The 200's i have read are the perfect bows. And there's the 150 from what i have read are just fun to shoot and a great hunting bow.
One bow that stands out is the Relayer Y25. Is it worth the extra cash.
I will use the bow for hunting and back yard shooting.
I know this has been ask before and I'm sorry for a repeat. But there's no hope of me shooting any of these bows.
Thanks for any guidance
flightattendant100

Re: Which Bow

Post by flightattendant100 »

I noticed a Y25 on gunbroker the other day priced in the upper 7's.At the time I thought that was a very good deal for someone. They are awsome bows. Killer stocks,love the laminated wood. The wood stock makes them somewhat quieter also. But you really cant go wrong with any Excalibur,they are all great.
M.J.M.

Post by M.J.M. »

Having hunting with xbow for several years, I just puchased my first excalibur (exocet 200) a couple of months back.....and luvin it. I'm practing at 40 yrds with broadheads now, and dead on. But like the previous post stated, I really dont think you can go wrong with any of the excals.
strum

Post by strum »

Im confused you said you have an Ibex and it is sweet,,
then you say what excal should i buy....am i missing somthing?..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

In my opinion the Y25 is the epitome of Excaliburs. It is by far the best looking. Due to it's added weight it has the potential of having the best combination of speed and lowered shock/noise. It has the best grip suited to off-hand shooting (the added weight helps here too). To me it's the best bow they ever made! BTW, Danny Miller has a few so you might be able to choose a serial number that you like.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

strum wrote:Im confused you said you have an Ibex and it is sweet,,
I want 2 bows I sold my Scorpyd and just looking to replace with another excal. It's one of those wants out weigh the need things LOL.
youngbuck1

Post by youngbuck1 »

im selling a hoyt game master recerve for 300obo it comes with a shooting glove too
Pro-staff for team gobblestalker
pro-staff at Turkey tuque
DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA
Turkey callers of canada
http://www.gobblestalkercalls.com
type1 diabetic since 2003
mike schnarr :P
nighthawk

Post by nighthawk »

I have the Vortex, love it and it's all I need for deer and most large game.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-Zone Scope
150 grain boltcutters
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I've bought and sold a few excels over the years, but I will never sell my y25!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
strum

Post by strum »

rt2bowhunter wrote:
strum wrote:Im confused you said you have an Ibex and it is sweet,,
I want 2 bows I sold my Scorpyd and just looking to replace with another excal. It's one of those wants out weigh the need things LOL.
OHHHHHH,,,no i understand :D then by all means buy a
y25
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Joystyx

Post by Joystyx »

I completely agree with the rest of the Y25 worshipers.
This is an awesome bow, with an incredible balance. The wooden stock absorb vibrations and the trigger pull is lighter than a dove's feather.
Its accuracy and consistency are just out of this world. It looks as beautiful as it shoot straight and hard.
# 954 is, and always, be mine =) It's a precious item, in these times of mass production.

Don't even think, just buy it while you can, fool !

And remember...

Add a pair of S5 if you feel unsure, a couple of Big John bolts in the quiv to get heavy hittin', and there you go, you got the best looking and most efficient crossbow money can buy in the universe.

All Excalibur are great, but this one is heavenly.
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

rt2bowhunter wrote:I am going to buy a new bow. I have went the compound route at this point they are not for me.I have a Ibex and she is sweet.
I'm not sure on which excal to get. I have been told the 225's are real hard on servings. Hard to cock and very loud. But a very hard shooter. The 200's i have read are the perfect bows. And there's the 150 from what i have read are just fun to shoot and a great hunting bow.
One bow that stands out is the Relayer Y25. Is it worth the extra cash.
I will use the bow for hunting and back yard shooting.
I know this has been ask before and I'm sorry for a repeat. But there's no hope of me shooting any of these bows.
Thanks for any guidance
G'DAY I HAVE A Y-25 BUT I'D NEVER WALK AROUND THE BUSH WITH IT, SCRATCHES & STUFF, THE EXOCET IS AWSOME BUT IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ALL DAY & HUNT WHEN THE TIME COMES UP THE VIXEN. WITH THE NEW S5 FITTED ITS A NICE EASY SHOOTABLE COMBINATION WITH VERY LOW NOISE & SERVING WEAR :) :) :)
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
the elf

Post by the elf »

A lot depends on your age and physical condition.I have had an Exocet[my son's
now].I now have an Exocet 200--which is nice--But some days it seems more work than enjoyment.I also just got an older[98or 99] Vixen--which I am truly in love with--it is naked except for the scope---much easier for me to cock--lighter
to carry, not as front heavy as my Exocet 200 and the ground hogs are just as dead.I have used a y25 and it is nice but------my own is in its boxes with hat, certificate, sealed against moisture etc. in new never fired condition.
I am in my 70th. year and after my 3 stint cardiac event a couple of years ago I
am really appreciating all that the Vixen has to offer ,and I don,t really notice any loss of performance at realistic hunting ranges of 20 to 25 yards.
If you have a chance try some different ones. Go to shoots and ask to try them.
sorry for the novel but it is just my 2 cents worth.
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

First i thank everyone for your response. It was very helpful. I went with the Y25. I have the bow scope rail and a S5 on the way.Now i need to twist up a string.
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

nice looking bow almost looks too pretty to take into the field