Doghouse blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Doghouse blind

Post by Raymond »

Hello folks,
I went to an army surplus store and seen a blind. It looks brand new with the box. On the box it was listed as "The Original Doghouse Blind". I never thought to look at the dimensions to compare with my doghouse blind. It looked to be a lot bigger then my doghouse blind. Were they a bigger blind at some point and time? The price was listed as $140.00 and that was what they wanted. I ask if they would drop the price but they said no. It will no doubt be there for a while.
Thanks,
Raymond
houser52

Re: Doghouse blind

Post by houser52 »

Can't answer your Doghouse question but if you're in the market for a blind check out the KillZone Turret XL hub blind. I just got mine yesterday for $99 + free shipping off their website. Delivered in 3-4 days. Roomy and goes up easy.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Raymond

I have seen dog house type blinds as low as 49.99 all over. Even on Ebay.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Yes they are bigger and some had floors & shoot through screen on the big window as well as the small windows
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I thought it was bigger than the doghouse blind that I have.
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I went and looked at the Kill Zone web site. They do have some good deals on their blinds. Thanks for the info houser52. Anyone wanting to buy can get a blind at a cheap price.
Raymond
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Raymond wrote:I went and looked at the Kill Zone web site. They do have some good deals on their blinds. Thanks for the info houser52. Anyone wanting to buy can get a blind at a cheap price.
Raymond

Free shipping only to the US though.... :(
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yes you are right about the shipping. VixChix, you hunt with a doghouse blind I believe. What kind of chair do you have for hunting and do you use shooting sticks?
Thanks,
Raymond
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I use a Walmart or Canadian Tire chair - stuff it in the blind when I carry it in. Leave it in the blind when it's set up.

on sale at CT this week:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5 ... ?locale=en

I use a shooting stick - I think it's the Primos one? (TPM has it in the car truck right now so I can't check.) It's from CT or Wally World as well. Some are a bit longer but I have the one that telescopes shorter - a bit more $ than the longer one but worth it. Good for ground sitting too. Getting older and looking down the road it would work as a walking stick as well. :D

I've been busted in a blind by a deer that came up from behind/beside. At just a few feet away I had my bow up and ready, then realized the arrow wasn't quite clear of the window. :oops: Sloooowwly raised the bow just an inch and that movement at the face of the window was enough. Later I checked and the tracks told the story. :(

I'm not so stingy with the window opening anymore now! lol
Last edited by VixChix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

(double post) :oops:
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks for the info, the chairs that I have has arms on them. I may look to see if they have any of those chairs at our Canadian Tire.
Raymond
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Raymond wrote:Thanks for the info, the chairs that I have has arms on them. I may look to see if they have any of those chairs at our Canadian Tire.
Raymond
The only problem with these chairs is they are too comfortable causing me to have a nap.

I use the same combo. Found chairs with arms interfere a bit.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
houser52

Post by houser52 »

I like the way that chair is made but I couldn't find a way to order one online. Are they sold in store only?
The Dollar store used to sell a similar chair without the arms but they don't carry those anymore. I've pieced mine together so much it's about had it.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
chaser

Post by chaser »

I know this is a bit off topic, but, has anyone actually shot through the 'shoot through' screens ? I'm too affraid it will change the trajectory/ speed of what I'm shooting be it gun or crossbow. I've just put up with the bugs. Thoughts? Thanks.

Chaser
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

OOPS. Triple post! That's a first. :oops:
Last edited by j.krug on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads