New "S5" String Shock Sound Suppression System

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

redbeard_01

New "S5" String Shock Sound Suppression System

Post by redbeard_01 »

Anyone using this new system yet? I'm thinking about purchasing them but i'd like to find out if it's worth the investment. Last year I put on the SIMS system but the bow just blew off the limb savers so that's obviously not going to work for me. Any feedback would be great be it negative or positive. Thanks.
munch

Re: New "S5" String Shock Sound Suppression System

Post by munch »

we have the old sts on my daughters vixen and the new s5 on my boys phoenix.when you shot the 2 bows the vixen will shake arrows loose in the quiver but you do not see that on the phoenix witch i think means less vibration. we put them on more incase of a dryfire could just save your bow
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Dash

Post by Dash »

they really cut the high end noise back, and good insurance for the limbs. They work well.
But don't let the brace height get to low that the string is pushing into the rubbers. Leave a gap, or they will split before long.
I had a new string on that was stretching quickly during a 90 shot shoot at the club. I spotted it too late, and the splits had started on the rubbers.
redbeard_01

Post by redbeard_01 »

okay that's some helpful info, thanks guys..I was looking into the Vixen II (in pink) for my daughter and i see that it comes with the new system in place so that would be good.
strum

Post by strum »

redbeard_01 wrote:okay that's some helpful info, thanks guys..I was looking into the Vixen II (in pink) for my daughter and i see that it comes with the new system in place so that would be good.
the Vixon comes with the S5 ?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I put the S5 on my Vortex.
I wouldn't call the bow quiet but it takes some of the twang out of the shot and does make a difference.
Some have chosen to remove the d-bars after installing them but I left mine on.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

j.krug wrote:I put the S5 on my Vortex.
I wouldn't call the bow quiet but it takes some of the twang out of the shot and does make a difference.
Some have chosen to remove the d-bars after installing them but I left mine on.
I did that ..took the d bars off i mean..and i shot it a while without the S5s too. I liked the way it felt naked but after shootin a while that way and then putting the S5 back on i found its a huge difference.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
KenA

Post by KenA »

I have an Exocet 200 that I think is a 2005 model but I'm not sure. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before but I was wondering how I can tell for sure that I have the right model that will work with the S5?
Ken
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

KenA wrote:I have an Exocet 200 that I think is a 2005 model but I'm not sure. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before but I was wondering how I can tell for sure that I have the right model that will work with the S5?
Ken
mate you'll see a hole on each side of the riser where the s5 fits l think 2004 models & on wards will take the s5. & it is worth the investment.. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
sneak

Post by sneak »

I hope so! I just ordered the S5 to try on my Exocet. :D
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String