BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
j.krug

Re: poachers got what they deserved

Post by j.krug »

300 deer by one man in 5 years!! :shock: :shock:
That's 60 a year.....which is 5 a month.....or 1.15 deer a week!!
They had to be selling the meat or giving it away or something. There's no way in he!! they could eat all that themselves.
Any way you slice it they're a bunch of dumbasses!! :twisted:
Last edited by j.krug on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

About time. Some folks just gotta kill and have their identity wrapped up in doing so.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
M.J.M.

Post by M.J.M. »

Good, maybe the cycle will stop now within that family.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Did'nt think something like that went anymore. Truly selfish people. :(
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

The punishment could be tougher but it's very creative. Reporting to jail for the duration of deer season for 4 years. Classic.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

It's a good thing that they caught them, but will it stop them? I doubt it. I bet they'll be right back at it again soon.

One thing that did bother me was that Officials claim that this family is to blame for nearly wiping out the deer herd in a WMA. Doesn't say much for the Game Rangers in that area. If I were one, I'd be ashamed of letting that go on under my watch!

I also found it disturbing that they gave all the frozen meat to Zoo's and animal rehab centers. Apparently there are no needy people and charities in Oregon.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

The judge should have sent them into the woods dressed like deer during deer season. What's to stop them poaching when it's not deer season? Gary
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

The last statement after talking to the young child ------Hunting after dark is illegal...?????

Thats not hunting...

glad they caught them but seems the sentence was to light.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

birddog10 wrote:The punishment could be tougher but it's very creative. Reporting to jail for the duration of deer season for 4 years. Classic.
Ya, I thought that was a great little twist to the sentencing as well!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

OkXbowHunter wrote:It's a good thing that they caught them, but will it stop them? I doubt it. I bet they'll be right back at it again soon.

One thing that did bother me was that Officials claim that this family is to blame for nearly wiping out the deer herd in a WMA. Doesn't say much for the Game Rangers in that area. If I were one, I'd be ashamed of letting that go on under my watch!

I also found it disturbing that they gave all the frozen meat to Zoo's and animal rehab centers. Apparently there are no needy people and charities in Oregon.

Good call on the Game Ranger....must be a real buffoon!! I find it hard to believe most of the locals didn't know that something so big was going on?? There had to be talk of it going around??

I was disappointed also that the meat wasn't given to needy folks in the area too. Perhaps it was not fit for human consumption for some reason? :(

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bugs wrote:There is no way that family and just their friends could eat all of that deer in a year. Since they are poachers why would they be locked up during deer season? It doesnt seem they care about any legalities. Lock them up for 4 years straight if you ask me and the eldest of the family should get double since the younger generations were tought that way sine birth. Maybe their puishment should be to get put on display along with that article at hunting shows across North America.

I agree...I'll bet a BUNCH of those deer were poached out of season
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ofcourse I dont know for sure but I would not be surprized if the warden was turning his head knowing it was happening. I know that one of the game wardens around here started off life as a youmg man as one of the worst poachers around..I guess thats what makes him one of the best when it comes to catching the bad guy..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hoss wrote:Ofcourse I dont know for sure but I would not be surprized if the warden was turning his head knowing it was happening. I know that one of the game wardens around here started off life as a youmg man as one of the worst poachers around..I guess thats what makes him one of the best when it comes to catching the bad guy..
We had one like that when I was growing up near Henryetta. Our County Ranger was Dwight Witt and Okfuskee County had Carlton Sallee. Both were darn good Rangers with Carlton having the ex-poacher resume. Not much got by either one of these guys, including an 18 year old who ran out to go duck hunting with a new 20 guage without checking to see if there was a plug in it (there wasn't). $97 was a lot of money back in those days for a shotgun plug!

Now days, I often wonder about the Rangers we have. Seems the Dept. is more concerned about them having a college degree rather than having the skills and experience to put poachers out of business. Since 2008, I've only had one encounter with a Ranger, and that was at a boat ramp at Ft. Gibson.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

In Illinois, up until the 60's, the game warden job was a local political appointment. Everytime the dems lost and the repubs won, or vice-versa, we got a new game warden. If you got stopped, and were politically connected with the same party that was in power, you likely walked...no matter the crime.
Now they are virtually the same as the state police and no one walks for anything. Gary