Wonder if anyone has had luck with Muzzy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Wonder if anyone has had luck with Muzzy

Post by xbowholic »

Anyone here use Muzzy BH's? the price on them is alot better than most; I know price shouldn't matter, but at my house, it does; trying to stretch the money as far as it can go; muzzy has a good reputation and just trying to see if they fly good out of excaliburs;

Thank you for any replies.....................xbowholic
georgiaboy

Re: Wonder if anyone has had luck with Muzzy

Post by georgiaboy »

I shot 3 blade 100gr muzzy's out of my ibex for a short time last year. They shot ok...but not nearly as good as my spitfires. I could not get them to shoot same poi as my fieldtips so i sighted in with practice heads. Best i could get them to shoot was about a 3 inch group at 30 yards...still good enough for critter's but i knew the bow could do better. I was using the carbon firebolts.
Good luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I shot Muzzys for years from My V-bow,had very good results .This is my first year with X-bow ,so I've been playing around alot with them and Rage 2 , By spin checking them and by shooting them with a different cock feather down until I get them flying good about a 3" group at 40 yards and same P.O.I as my field tips. One nice thing about the Muzzys , you can leave the body on your arrow and just take off the tip and remove the pratice blades ,and put on your hunting blades without worrying about losing all the work you had into getting them to fly good in the first place. Or you can do what I might do ,screw on a Rage and shoot them in the same hole almost every time. I use Firebolts with blazers 125 grain B.H , weight is about 387 grains with a 16.6% F.O.C Hope this helps.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

From what I hear muzzy is very crossbow friendly, but the company is not. For that reason a muzzy shall never touch my crossbow. Or my compound for that matter. :mrgreen:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

one shot scott wrote:From what I hear muzzy is very crossbow friendly, but the company is not. For that reason a muzzy shall never touch my crossbow. Or my compound for that matter. :mrgreen:
same here.. i have experianced that attitude also :)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

one shot scott wrote:From what I hear muzzy is very crossbow friendly, but the company is not. For that reason a muzzy shall never touch my crossbow. Or my compound for that matter. :mrgreen:
I have read the same thing before on this forum ,but I also see them as sponsers for some excalibur hunting shows [Deer city U.S.A & Outdoor America] So I don't really know.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That's my opinion, and I am not trying to get others to alienate them. They may have changed their tune as of late. But I will not buy muzzy.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
philman

Post by philman »

I couldn't get them to group the way I like so I scraped them.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i tried muzzy years ago and took a shot a groundhog and i hit a pop bottle and it broke the head to pieces and i never shot them agine i shoot the boltcutters and they shoot great.they do cost more i know what you are saying but you will like them.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hey Xbowholic,

I'm not sure if there is a WalMart in your neck of the woods (I'd be surprised if there wasn't), but they have some good prices on broadheads. In my local area among other brands they also carry Carbon Express broadheads and from what little shooting (block targets and 3D) I've done with them, they are accurate and seem durable.

I shot the 100 grn Quad Pro and they ended up being some of the most accurate BH out of my xbow. Ended up giving them to a buddy to shoot with his V-bow. I think I gave something like $14 for a 3 pk. You may also want to try ebay, sometimes you can get great deals there.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Muzzys and crossbow shouldn't be put together. Due to the companies ignorance towards crossbows.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I just took a look at what my WalMart had last night. They have the Muzzy lookalikes from RealTree Outdoors for 9.95 for a pack of 3. Hard to beat that price if you're wanting a muzzy type BH.

I was surprised to see that they actually had a 3 pk of Rage 3 bladed broadheads. Price was $39.99. I'd love to try one, but at $13+ for one, it's just a lot of dough to be throwin' downrange! Especially since I have ST and G5's that need bloodied!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
masboy

Post by masboy »

I,ve shot the four blade 100gr muzzys as accurate as any broadheads I,ve tested after spin testing and shooting on my best shooting arrows.