Daughters biggest Walleye to date.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Daughters biggest Walleye to date.

Post by Hoss »

I took my oldest girl and my grandson out this morn for some fishm. It was hot infact we left at 12 noon. It suppose to get 105 today so time to get in the AC. Well in a short time we caught 8 wallys and only one was a keeper 24 inches and around 4 lbs her biggest ever. the little man caught himself a fish with a little help from mom. Caught other fish but she was after some good dinner. She got it !

Breakfast at sunrise...doesnt get any betterImage

Sissys big Wally

bubbas fish
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Galgo

Re: Daughters biggest Walleye to date.

Post by Galgo »

Awesome!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

She aready beat my best. Your a good man Hoss. :)
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Looks like a fun trip my friend, nice fish! :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Nice!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Awesome Hoss! Looks like a good time for sure. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

nice fish and a proud dad and grandpa!as well you should be. :D
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thanks yall..
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good ONE! That's nice catch.

Tell us the story about the one you got . . .or the one that got away. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I see the little guy was hoping to go for a swim to cool down, he wearing his swimmers :D
Nice pics, beautiful family hoss.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

sumner4991 wrote:Good ONE! That's nice catch.

Tell us the story about the one you got . . .or the one that got away. :)

Well it was about 7 in the morning. My grandson’s first boat ride.
I thought he would be scared but I was wrong. We were unloaded and eaten breakfast on the lake as the sun came up. I don’t know how many days I will live but I try to live the ones I have the best, as the sun peeks over the trees. IM LIVEN LARGE. We got the 4 rods a trolling and have caught some useless drum and big ones at that. They aint eaters but boy the fight hard. I let my daughter reel in everything. You guys know what a treat it is just to watch them have fun. The length has to be 18 inches to keep a Walleye. We have caught a few dingers but nothing to throw on ice yet. 9 O’clock, It was already hot, crank baits were leaning towards the water as I cast. .get to living or get to dyeing is what i say. Sweat dripping down the crack of my pear shaped....lol..oh well... My coffee is finally gone so the timing was right for a big boy to bite. I’m ready when...I got to P...Geez. A quick trip to the bank for a break and 15 minutes later we are back at it. Down and around the point then BAM one of the rods goes down Sis jumps up and mans the rod.. Correction…women’s the rod that the devil toothed creature is trying to own. He strips line. I jump up and reel in the others to give her more room. He’s staying down “must be a devil fish I say”. It surfaces when its close and he’s a big one. A keeper for sure. Then the last thing you want to see when you know you have one for the freezer. The crank bait comes flying out of his mouth as he tail walks on the surface. We look at each other with amazement. Oh well where there is one there is more. We cast out and continue. A few more dinks and bottles of water we decide to go with shallow cranks. I had on 4-6 ft divers running in 5-6 ft water. I’m thinking the bigger ones may be dominating the shallows and all the little ones are deeper. I don’t know I’m just fishing,,hahaha. SO now I’m with 3-4 ft divers. Running in 4 ft water. It doesn’t take long and BANG the rod dives down hard. Sis jumps up and says “SNAG” I saw a couple bobs in the rod so I grabbed it to feel. I felt some fight. NOPE Sis it’s a big one. I jumped up and pulled in the others. I watched as she fought this one with care. She did a great job. She brought it close to the boat and I was able to one hand that toothy rascal in with one motion. Her biggest one ever. Needless to say she was very excited. Its 12 noon by now and way too hot for baby or me. So we return to the ramp. We load up and come home. I fillet that big boy and sack it up for her to take home. More than enough for her little family. I can’t wait to go again.