boaters card

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

boaters card

Post by xbowrook »

awesome day so far, just checked the mail and along with a ton of bills i got my Pleasure Craft Operator Card in. awesome, i'm a legal begal now.. wonder if my wife will allow me to do some shopping now... haha, i don't count on it, but i do intend on buying my first ever boat as early as next year. i've operated boats alot, just never owned one. life is starting to look good..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
wheelie

Re: boaters card

Post by wheelie »

Just another money grab in this country. Had boats for 40 years and then have to write a stupid exam. Got one wrong and never read the book or anything. Only question I didn't know was the sign was a diver in the water.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

that requirement came in affect bout 10 years ago here...
i did'nt havta do it cuz i wasa antique :lol: but my son had to and a few neighbors. it was alright i guess.. still did'nt take them dam jet-skiers from fook'n up your fish'n :twisted:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If it helps even just a little with jetski accidents, its worth it.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Stash

Post by Stash »

Absolutely a money grab, in Ontario at least. I've been operating small powered boats for over 45 years now, accident and incident free.

I can see a proper license being a bit of use for someone under 18 maybe, including a practical exam, but a simple 20 question test is completely useless.

At least my wife and I got our cards for free... :D
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i don't think it will help jet ski accidents 20 question test. you would need at least a 1,000 question IQ test.around here i have always said the way you get a jet ski is some one is standing at a boat ramp and ask's are you a complete dumb a$$ and if you are here is your keys to your new jet ski. :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Is it just a 20 question test now? when I took it years ago I attended a course for one evening and then wrote the test which im pretty sure was more than just 20 questions. I felt there was a lot of info giving during that course.

And jetski's: I used to own a pair of them. The whole design of a jetski is to have fun while being an idiot. You cant have a good time just driving in a straight line like a boat. That and since they are water jet propelled means that in a panic situation you let go of the throttle and try to steer clear of the danger. Problem is as soon as you let go of that throttle you loose all steering cababilities :shock: piz poor design that attracts the inexperienced youth.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The course and testing has undergone some changes recently. The exams and course content are more in depth and there is definately more than 20 questions. In the near future you will no longer be able to get your card through online testing or at the booths that you see at the sportsman and boating shows.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Too bad that common sense sometimes goes out the door but a few idiots ruin it for the rest.I have run small boats since I was ten up at the cottage and now have to write a test and pay the government MORE MONEY!! :x just saying :P and carry another card.
The best things in life are not things!!
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

believe it or not... here on the coast of alabama, its about 35 questions and only a few are multiple choice.
the rest are bouy id.. and distress signals. most of all is "who has the right of way". jetski's are very annoying.. lately, they have been banned in many inland
bays and waterways (rivers).
we are not that far behind times yet...
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

The other point with this MONEY SCAM boaters card is ; where is this money going ? NOT , to the MNR for water, fish ,conserving aquatic species and removal of invasive species ! Ray
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

xbhntr wrote:The other point with this MONEY SCAM boaters card is ; where is this money going ? NOT , to the MNR for water, fish ,conserving aquatic species and removal of invasive species ! Ray
I wonder if any funds even go to the coast guard?
The best things in life are not things!!
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

I believe that some of the money made by the card is used to pay the Celebrity Fishing and Hunting stars that promote this scam ! Ray
bucont

Post by bucont »

If you think the operators card is a scam. Wait and see if Ontario picks up the pieces of the gun registry. I can imagine Daddy Dalton has already got it on his check list if he gets back in.
Last edited by bucont on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
ch312

Post by ch312 »

its definitely NOT a 20 question test anymore. my buddy did his online last week and it consisted of 3 hours of mandatory study time, 5 preliminary tests, and then the final 50 question exam. you must pass those 5 small tests and they time you online while "studying". both must be completed before they let you write the exam.

i got my boaters card 3-4 years ago and aced it my first try with less than 30 mins of study time. the current test is definitely way harder.

4 years ago i called it a money grab. now id say its useful because they actually force you to learn something...