Swacker Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

oldfart Missouri

Swacker Broadheads

Post by oldfart Missouri »

Just wondering if anyone knows if the SWACKER will work with a crossbow. I think I would like to use them ?
georgiaboy

Re: Swacker Broadheads

Post by georgiaboy »

I've read some threads here with a few member's using them. They got a good review from what i remember.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
oldfart Missouri

Thanks for the post georgiaboy....... I'm hopeing to hear from afew , about this B/H . In the V world I hear its the cats meow ....
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

Swhacker broadheads are a very good choice for crossbows. I have killed 2 bison and 1 wild boar with Swhackers. The Bison incident was truly an accident. I was shooting a Tenpoint Phantom and 100 grain Swhackers. It was at an exotic game ranch. I hit a cow at 40 yards, the arrow kept going after passing through the cow and hit a bull in the neck on the other side. I am certain I had a clear shot so the arrow must have deflected in the cow. The cow quickly expired and the bull died very quickly after. The other was with my Excalibur Equinox with free range feral hogs. I spined a small boar at 23 yards. He went right down and let out the loudest squeals I have ever heard. I went up to him and put another Swhacker through. For the record, I had to pay for both Bison. After that, I could barely even look at that Phantom and sold it shortly thereafter.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
oldfart Missouri

mchurch ; Wow is that good luck or bad luck ( 2 for 1 ). I guess with hearing that I have to make sure notheing is behind a deer, or it could turn into alot more work. Two deer to clean is alot of work !! Took 3 one time with my 30-06 . NEVER do that again. Bison, now that would be notheing but work. But darn good eating ! Again thanks for your post. ( Santa Maria ) When I was a youg spam, lived in Redondo Beach
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i watched their video and hank parker shot them at plywood at a steep angle and they open up every time and then a steel drum agine worked every time.but that was there video.but i think if i was going to try that type of broadhead it would be one of the first i would try.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I also saw the video and i was impressed with the swhacker head.He had a special on his web site 2 pkgs of heads for the price of 1.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
oldfart Missouri

Muskyman ; Rifleman ; Yeah I seen that video also , and that test some space engiener teh. did with a 55 gal drum. I wonder if the offer is still valid on Hank Parker outdoors. I think the swacker is what I am going to try :D
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hank Parker shoots 'em. Anybody with that many teeth cant be wrong!!!
oldfart Missouri

LMAO ; good lord YEAH !!!!!!!!! :lol:
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I just went to his web site and the offer isn't on there.Try the head,you won't be dissapointed from what i saw on the video.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
oldfart Missouri

Rifleman; 7-24-11 I ordered (2) pks from his web.. It said B.O.G.O= buy one get one free. Posted mesege on bottom of order to coustumer/ service ( paying for 2 pks 80.83 total , that I should recieve 2 extra pks for a total of 4 pks = 12 D/H. If this is not correct , please contact me by phone or my e-mail ) As of this time I have not recieved a call or e-mail saying any different !!!!! So one could could only hope.... I should get them 2-day i hope... Sale expires 7-28-11 :mrgreen:
wayne

Post by wayne »

HELLO: Just came in from shooting & broadhead testing, fer lunch.
Tried out the 2 1/4" 125g swacker, I'am still undesided about this head.
Did side x side testing with a excal x-act (looks like the spitfires) the swackers must have the shrink tube to keep from opening, the x-act do not.
The x-act is a 1 7/16" 3 blade - the swacker 2 1/4" 2 blade.
For my testing, #1 , both fired into cardboard box 6" deep with flower shop foam in side the box, same bow, same arrow. The swacker did NOT open all the way when exiting the box, for 3 out of 3 shots - The x-act did open fully 3 out of 3 shots.
Test #2 - I gallon plastic jug filled with water, both broadheads opened fully on exiting jug. 3 out of 3 times. Also the enter hole with the x-act was bigger then the swacker - again the exit hole on the jug test was the size of the broadhead opened.
2nd part of both test was after the broadheads exited the box & jug - The depth into the crossbow target - the x-act every time was at least 2 1/2" or more deeper into the target.
Both broadheads hit where aimed. 20 & 30 yards - the x-act was also on where aimed at 40 & 50 yards - the swacker was not tested at the 40 & 50 yards. (that will come on a different day)
The bow was a excal vortex with a fff string using the same duel spine / weight forward carbon express maxium hunter.
I'll be doing some more testing on the swacker later.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
oldfart Missouri

Re: Swhacker Broadheads

Wayne ; Hello to you sir, wow , sounds like a good test ! I should get my order of Swhackers tomorrow so I'ii try them out. Kind of sounds disapointing to me. But aleast I got 12 B/Hs for the price of six. Now I guess that, I hope I have somewhat better luck with them (OPENING). I sure do thank you for the info ............. Glenn
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hello; I really thought the 2 blade would go deeper then the 3, with the 3 blade opening sooner, but that was not the case in my testing.
Also, on the jugs filled with water, the enter hole was the size of the head closed on both B/H - cutting area on exit was same, for both - swacker 2 1/4" total - 3/4" x 3 = 2 1/4" on the 3 blade.
Now I'll be trying some different test maybe on different day, but fer now, because the 3 blade is opening up sooner in the target & is going in deeper & the cut area on the exit hole is the same on both B/H , for me the edge is currently going to 3 blade. I sure thought the swacker would win the test hands down. Also I'll be ordering some grizz-tricks later the week, to try.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda