holiday fishing pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bcmuledeer

holiday fishing pics

Post by bcmuledeer »

we had a good day of fishing, about 120 lbs of spring salmon on the pole, Tim and my son Darren had the honour of carrying these out because Uncle,Dad screwed up his back awhile ago. :cry: :shock: :D
A good looking one, ya both the fish and my honey 8)
Tim and Mitchell and owen with a couple of beauties.
We also released a few of these. :D
we had a great time till it rained big time and muddied out the river :shock: Some of these fish will come out of the water when caught three feet and scream your line out so fast, it gets the adrenaline going. We bar fish for these which means you cast out with a big weight and a spinning glow, put the rod in a holder on shore and wait for the bite. We almost lost a few rods because when the fish hit they just roared upstream or down, the rod gets bent over and starts to bounce in the holder. More than one rod has been lost fishing this way, so far we have not lost any personally. probably just a matter of time :shock:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
vixenmaster

Re: holiday fishing pics

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the fine salmon catching. One of these days i will make a trip out to the West Coast & get to fish fer them. Its on my bucket list
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

that's not fishing that's catching! nice
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Nice pictures!! I can taste the salmon steaks off the grill now. :D :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Nice fish Bill!! Nothing beats the sound like FISH ON!!
Thanks for the photos!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like you'll be eating well.

I just finished tying some #18 foam ants for this evening's fishing. Going after bluegill in the local lake. Doubt I'll have any to post pictures of :roll: , but it's still fun! :lol:
wabi
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Bill,
It looks like you and family had a great holiday. Way to go buddy. I can taste them now, yummy. Now that is what I call good fishing, :lol: :lol: :lol: . Thanks for sharing.
Raymond
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Thanks guys! Hank this is on the Skeena near Terrace. We are about 100 miles from the ocean, the fish are very nice. Hank you must be a mind reader, we do smoke the majority of it and man that's good stuff, not near as good as the natives do! If you ever have the chance to sample native smoked sokeye do not pass it up! :D
I wish we caught fish every time out but these days we fish about 10 days straight and usually are very happy to catch fish in halve those days.
The group I fish with, we all look at fish as a bonus, its just great to be put there enjoying God's creation. We usually have a weenie roast on the riverbank and like Hank said it's a nice relaxing way to fish. :D
If any of you are in the area be sure to let me know, who knows we might hit a fish day! :D
Bill
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Look's like y'all had a good time!!! :)
When your catching them like that do bear's become an issue? Just wondering cause i'd be packing a side cannon!! :shock:
Guess you can tell there aint no bear's around here!! :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

georgiaboy wrote:Look's like y'all had a good time!!! :)
When your catching them like that do bear's become an issue? Just wondering cause i'd be packing a side cannon!! :shock:
Guess you can tell there aint no bear's around here!! :mrgreen: :lol:
No problem with bears Jimmy on this big river, they can't catch the fish so their not arround. When we fish for coho in the fall, beginning of sept. We carry bear spray and a defender( short 10 gauge). Lots of bears, the rivers are lower and lots of spawned out fish carcasses on the shore line. :D
A few years back I had to donate a coho to a bear as a piece offering to allow me to get back to the rv. I try to not have to use bear spray or the defender unless totally required. We get used to fishing with our furry 4 legged comrades but every once in awhile they seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed! :shock:
One shot over their heads usually is enough to make them leave.
Bill
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

wow you really nailed them great pictures and story thanks for the post.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Looks like a great day! Nice haul of fish too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
masboy

Post by masboy »

Great fish!! Wish we had some of them here . Sure hate to carry them to far . But for fish like that I would do what ever it took. Would be glad to trade you some 100 degree days for some 80 degree days.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Some real nice pics there bcmuledeer!
Man that's a real nice mess of fish you all caught!!
Looks like everyone had a great time.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

You are a lucky man! I would love to move to Terrace also but the economy is not that hot for forestry related jobs. Let me know when you make the big move,
It's always great to know somebody with a jet boat! :lol: :lol: my brother has a jet boat and we went through the kitselas canyon last year, very nice and beautiful there!
Bill