100 yards!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bones

100 yards!

Post by Bones »

Who's pulled a 100 yarder? I managed it with my exo 200 today , drifted off on my 110 attempt,to much cross wind . (had to move the target for 110). Had fun playing with it though. maybe try again tommorrow if the wind is good.
gerald strine

Re: 100 yards!

Post by gerald strine »

Hey bones were you able to shoot a group at 100 yards or did you only fire one bolt?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Bones

Post by Bones »

2 bolts ,but There is no graduations for 60-100 so it is guessing game past 50 out of a varizone I managed 2 1/2" apart. The increments on the scope were accurate ,so just compound them/add them from there
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

2 1/2 is impressive.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Ottawa Valley Lad

Post by Ottawa Valley Lad »

Curious to know what the penetration is at 100 yds, can't be too deep that far out?
TYE

Post by TYE »

I used to shoot 100 once in a while with the crossbow. Good groups too once you get the aim point down pat.

I've shot 100 yards with my compound too but my groups definitely aren't as good as was with the crossbow.

I used to shoot the caps off water bottles for fun from 70 yards. Mostly to show off to my friends how accurate the Excalibur was lol.
SScott

Post by SScott »

That's actually some incredible shooting. There is no way I could do that right now. Were you using a rest or just shooting off hand? Phenominal either way.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

That is some nice shooting Darrel! :D I might have to give it a shot, I love watching my son or wife shooy it at 50 yards from the side and watch the arch of the arrow and still be amazed at hitting a nice tight group. I just bought a lighted nock and I figured I have to return it because this nock works by going into the end of the arrow slightly and thus touching the contacts together when shot. I learned something, carbon conducts electricity, whoo'd of thunk! I thought I was going to have to buy an aluminum arrow! :lol:
Now to shoot it at dusk with the lighted nock, priceless!
Bill
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
Bones

Post by Bones »

I was still sinking them to the fletch, which i thought was impressive. Would like to see the arrow travel from the side .It has to look alot like a rainbow. I'll keep playing only cost me 1 bolt yesterday.
Bones
Dash

Post by Dash »

Using a lumizone on the equinox I freeshot shot 1 bolt through the bullseye at 90 meters . It was a pure assy shot, nothing more !
It was funny because the club president had a bunch of recurve shooters there having a go at the 90. But no-one couldn't hit the target. It was my first day there with the equinox, and they asked me if I wanted a go. I had no idea how much trajectory drop to take into account. But with a lumizone, if you imagined more 10 yard increments, I roughly used where I thought 100 would be, just off the bottom of the vertical line.
After we all heard the whack, we all headed up to see the nock just behind the bullseye center. "I was as shocked as they were". One of them said wow, are you going to have another shot. I was thinking "no way" would I get that lucky twice! And replied that I'd finished shooting for today :lol: . They had never seen an excalibur before, but doubt they will forget it.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I remember forum member Stands Alone setting up a crossbow just for this type of long range target shooting. (I did say "target" shooting). I do not remember the sight that he used but know that the angle was changed quite a bit. I made him a custom groundpounder mount for it to be able to clear his sight picture. I do remember being quite impressed with his 100 yard groupings!
Why ride when you can walk!