Exomag to ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucont

Exomag to ???

Post by bucont »

This bow has served me well. Many, many hours of enjoyment shooting targets and on the stand. It has never failed me, not once!

I think I have buyer for Exomag. If I part with it, Iam thinking about lighten up. Maybe Axiom, Vix, phoenix or ibex.

I am leaning heavy to the Axiom. I only shoot maybe 50 arrows a year at a target anymore just to make sure we are still sighted in every year. The draw weight, bow weight and price are all very attractive.

I am sure what ever Excal product I lean to will do just fine.

I guess it is a two prong question, should I sell and what bow for deer hunting will do the job? I had all the models in my hands today, I am not sure if the keyhole stocks are for me.

What do you all think?
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
xbowking

Re: Exomag to ???

Post by xbowking »

i wouldn't sell until you are fully satisfied with your new Excal. & any Excal you are looking at will be very sufficient for deer, i also like the traditional stock better because you can flick the safty off with your thumb and still have your finger on the trigger , it just feels better to me anyway. have fun. :D
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would certainly go & handle every model before letting yer current CB be sold. Shoot all yer interested in then choose the one you like.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I was working at a store where we sold Excalibur crossbows. I bought the Phoenix first and loved that crossbow, I regret it to this very day that I sold my Phoenix. I then bought the Equinox just because it was the flagship crossbow of the Excalibur Line. I did have intentions of owning everyone of Excalibur Crossbows on the market, but because of health reasons I now only own the Equinox and I must say that I wish now that I would have bought the Exomax because of the traditional stock. It fits better for a tall person rather than the thumb-hole stock. I have been tempted many times to see if some one wanted to trade an Exomax of the same Year as my Equinox so I could have the traditional stock. If I had it to do all over again I would probably buy the Axiom SMF.
Raymond
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

One of each!!!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Any xbow from the Vixen to the Exomax will be a good deer killer. Pick the one that you like and one that feels comfortable for you.

If you want to keep your old bow, then do it. But I think you'll find that you're going to fall in love with your new Excal just like you did with your old one! Since it's a lighter weight, you may even end up shooting it more!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
bucont

Post by bucont »

One of each! There we go why did I not think of that. :lol: Of course the honey do list would be so long I would never see the bows.

Shooting more, possible after I retire when I have more time. There never seems to be enough time for it all, but it does help at resale time when the bow is advertized as barely shot. :)

I guess I'll find someone close selling these were I can shoot them all. I think G&K in Wallaceburg sells Excal and has an indoor range as well. I'll drop Kevin an email and see if I can come down and have a shot or two. Of the bow that is!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA