Attention: SnuffBox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Attention: SnuffBox

Post by ComfyBear »

Cheerio Snuffbox, in regards to you taking objection to how your first post was received and interpreted, you shouldn't be surprised.
After all, one would think that for your first post you would have started a new one, not replied to one started by a troll.

There's nothing wrong with you reading the Jaguar thread, but you would have shown much better judgement if you had posted and started a new thread of you own asking about the Point Blanc.

Since you claim you're a new member just looking for information, if you haven't done so yet, before you get you shorts in a knot, I suggest that you read some of the first posts which new members have made and see how friendly they have been treated.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
snuffbox

Re: Attention: SnuffBox

Post by snuffbox »

I did look for a "new member introduce yourself here" section but couldn't find one.So sorry to have have upset you all ,really wasn't intended.
Any way I think I've found the information I neede so I'll just quietly disappear and leave to you meanderings.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It's a really poor choice posting in that thread as a first timer. Did you read all the posts? :lol: this is one of the best forums out there but you wouldn't know that from reading that thread. The members here are a very knowledgable group.. and generally very welcoming but any posts in that other thread is going to trigger potential false alarms.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

You didn't find a section, because it is not needed. When the members of this forum notice someone posting their 1st post, they immediatley response in the manner that it deserves.

So before you go on your merry way, perhaps you'd like to cut and paste the links below, and read the way most new members are treated.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=39492

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... f=1&t=3951
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Easy boys! We're all human and we all make mistakes. I for one will welcome the man.
Welcome Snuffbox! When I saw your one and only post I have to admit that I thought you were Esox lucius so I apologize for that. Please forgive me.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome snuffbox!
No need to disappear, stick around and get to know us a little better.

You'll find this forum is a bit different than most. The moderators seldom take action on what is said between members (which can be frustrating at times), but somehow it all seem to work out and the forum remains a great place to keep up to date on crossbow information.
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

.....and a lot of us own many brands of bows. Not just excalibur, so feel free to ask or share any info here.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
philman

Post by philman »

Welcome to the forum snuffbox.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

welcome snuffbox. :D there is a lot of great people here that will help you any way they can!! give them a chance you wont regret it.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm glad this thread took a turn for the better.

Welcome to the forum snuffbox. Enjoy yourself here it really is a good place. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Can't stop and chat just yet,theres a living to be earnt,catch up later :) .
wayne

Post by wayne »

:D :D :D WELCOME :D :D :D
I shoot & hunt to clear my mind from work, & work to buy more things for shooting & hunting!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

wayne wrote::D :D :D WELCOME :D :D :D
I shoot & hunt to clear my mind from work, & work to buy more things for shooting & hunting!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I resemble that remark
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum Snuffbox!!!! :D :D
Sorry you got caught up in a thread that went to hell a long time ago. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Got a bit of time now.
Thanks for the pm's and messages here,very much appreciated.

I started in target archery along time ago in the 80's then discovered field archery.
Made all that target stuff feel like practice for the proper stuff which is what I really love.my wife and I go out field shooting most weekends.
Now I've discovered crossbows.Through a change in the rules for shooting,we were only alllowed a max draw weight of 105lbs which meant the bows that were available were few and expensive.Now the only limits are the bows must be recurved and arrow/bolt speed should not exceed 300fps.
I've just bought an Excalibur point blanc fitted with a set of the latest limbs but I won't be picking it up for a few weeks so when I get the chance to shoot the xbow I will be using the bow who's name shall not be mentioned.
Unfortunately over here the crossbow cannot be shot at all clubs,this is due to restrictions put up by certain landowners,the fact a compound can shoot up to 300fps does not seem to come into it.
The reasoning behind this is that in this country since mediaeval times the crossbow has been deemed the spawn of the devil and should be shunned.
I do believe we have people working on that.
Also bowhunting is not allowed although we do have a British Bowhunter Society(www.britishbowhuntersociety.co.uk)
They are actively trying to get it reinstated(don't actually hold much hope on this one)although there is talk of maybe getting something going in Scotland.
Thats the very North of England where the men wear skirts and no knickers(see Braveheart) although not all the time.
Well thats a bit about me and where I'm at,the name greenscene by the way is the name of my gardening business so you see I'm out of doors quite a lot of the time,what that other stuff was about English lessons someone found has nothing whatsoever to do with me.