HELP WITH MY AXIOM

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wade34

HELP WITH MY AXIOM

Post by wade34 »

my first crossbow, when i first started shooting it it shot sporadic then i started getting good groups. so i put on some muzzy 3 blade 100's had to adjust the scope and she shot great out to 50 yards with a rest needless to say i was pumped. then shot it the next day and had to adjust the scope again, got it right havnt shot it in a few days took it out today same thing again. loosing my confidence fast..any help or sugestions would be much appreciated. thanks
wheelie

Re: HELP WITH MY AXIOM

Post by wheelie »

First check all screws are tight so scope is not moving. Pressure, wind conditions could all be part of it. Go to field points first instead of changing your scope and see how they fly. Broadheads are alot more subseptible to wind and weather conditions than field points are. Last thing I would do is keep changing the scope because it likely is not that. Keep shooting and good luck, you will figure it out.
Last edited by wheelie on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Are you using the rope cocking aid? It helps center the string in the latches. If it is cocked to either side accuracy will suffer.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wade34

Post by wade34 »

yes i am using a rope but good to know in the future..and checked all the screws to, was wondering about the string stretching and also this bow came from bass pro and it was the shelf bow that they were shooting thought they may have droped it but who knows. been lookin at the forum you guys seem like a big family and try to help without arguing like some other forums glad to be part of it, thanks for the reply
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

wade34 wrote:yes i am using a rope but good to know in the future..and checked all the screws to, was wondering about the string stretching and also this bow came from bass pro and it was the shelf bow that they were shooting thought they may have droped it but who knows. been lookin at the forum you guys seem like a big family and try to help without arguing like some other forums glad to be part of it, thanks for the reply
Shelf bow would have no part of it and if it were dropped the scope would shows signs of that. Excalipur would warrenty it anyways so you have absolutly no worries there. Forget about broadheads for now and see what field points do. I shoot in storms and all kinda of conditions to learn what affect it has on arrows.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

swap scopes with one that you know works... reverse recoil will shut one down quickly. and check the bolts that secure the limb assembly to the rail.
i know there is excal terminology for these components but, i ain't around my manual.........
i hope you find your problem. its there, you jus gotta find it :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

sure sounds like a loose scope ring to me but you checked that, mark your riser to keep an eye on the brace height for string stretch but a stretched string should not make any difference right and left and only a small amount up and down.
I would give it a go again with field tips number your arrows 1 2 3 ect and then number your target with spots 1 2 3 and shoot bolt 1 at spot 1 and see if the bolts hit the same spot every time and are all bolts missing in the same direction you could have a bad batch of bolts or they could be under spined.
You need a bolt / tip total weight of at least 350 grains more is better in my opinion your bow may not like muzzy heads ether.
Good luck let us know what your findings are.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Make sure yer screws are tight where the trigger assembly is in the rail. Make sure the stock screws are tight after that. Make sure the riser bolts & limb bolts are tight. I say this as the scope stuff has been covered
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Tighten all bolts ,Then go to field tips shoot them for a while off a rest [ a week or so] Mark them and put the same vane down .If this helps go to your broad heads .I had some grouping problems with 100 grain muzzys at first , then I went to 125 grain and put 2" blazers on they shot good. Tune them and shoot a few times with each vane down and mark the vane that flies the best. This is fun time by playing around with your stuff. It could be your scope or bow .But odds are it's not. Good luck!
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

This is going to sound completely stupid but make sure that you have your striup right side up. I had a Phoenix several years ago that done the same thing. Come to find out I had put the striup on upside down and the fletchings were hitting the striup. If that doesn't work switch to a mechanical broadhead just to see if that takes care of the problem.
wade34

Post by wade34 »

i put the field tips back on and it shot great think i may try the boltcutter 150's i will let yall know. thanks guys for the replys
joeyd50

Post by joeyd50 »

wade34 wrote:i put the field tips back on and it shot great think i may try the boltcutter 150's i will let yall know. thanks guys for the replys
How did it go with the boltcutters?
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

I can speak from experience now in saying that the excalibur x-act mechanicals hit exactly the same as 100 grain field points. Thas what i hope to be layin down with this year.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"