Trophy Ridge 2 Blade Meat Seeker Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Trophy Ridge 2 Blade Meat Seeker Broadhead

Post by theoldarcher »

Going to be trying a new broadhead this year, the Trophy Ridge Trophy Meat Seeker, it is a 2 inch cutting diameter 2 blade broadhead that has gotten some good reviews. Has anyone used it yet? If so how did they do?
Attachments
at720bh.jpg
at720bh.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
PA_DeerHunter

Re: Trophy Ridge 2 Blade Meat Seeker Broadhead

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

I'm sure they work, but I opted out when I shot the three blade version in a test before using to hunt.

My Review:

Accuracy - dead on...hit right where my field points hit!

Noise - Strange sound from the rubber band which holds the blades in place. At 310 fps, the rubber band makes a very distinct buzzing sound. Not that it would alert the deer, or alter the accuracy, but it bothered me enough to go for something else.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I use the three blade 1 1/2 inch cut. I have taken 3 or4 deer with them. I have NO complaints. :D :D Massive blood trails, I watched 3 go down. :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Don't take any shot more than a light angle, i had a terrible experience using them.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

The noise factor won't really bother me that much sense I won't be shootong over 30 yards anyway. As long as the deer are not on alert I don't feel it would be a problem. The angle shot placement kinda worries me though, vixenmaster, was you using the three blade or four blade when this happened and about what angle?

frisky, are you using the factory bands to hold the blades in place or did you use a stronger replacement band?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

theoldarcher wrote:The noise factor won't really bother me that much sense I won't be shootong over 30 yards anyway. As long as the deer are not on alert I don't feel it would be a problem. The angle shot placement kinda worries me though, vixenmaster, was you using the three blade or four blade when this happened and about what angle?

frisky, are you using the factory bands to hold the blades in place or did you use a stronger replacement band?
Twas a 2 blade & i shot at about a 30 degree angle sliced 8" gap but would not penetrate.
Half Bubble Off BD360

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Vixenmaster . . .that seems like an odd happening. I do like a longer ferrule, it helps prevent deflection from happening. But, what you described doesn't sound like a deflection . . .more of a slider. Just an oddball thing . . .did you send Trophy Ridge the pictures and ask their opinion?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Looked at the hit top of ribs had cuts on several of them. Just didn't go down inside !Image
Half Bubble Off BD360

theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I can see where that would create a problem. Thanks for the advise, I'll rethunk my thinking.
frisky

Post by frisky »

theoldarcher wrote:The noise factor won't really bother me that much sense I won't be shootong over 30 yards anyway. As long as the deer are not on alert I don't feel it would be a problem. The angle shot placement kinda worries me though, vixenmaster, was you using the three blade or four blade when this happened and about what angle?

I am using the factory bands. I am going to use dental bands as replacements. I got a pack of 100 from a local dentist, no charge! :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can't say these are bad heads but i will never use them again. Reason is i can never be sure that my game is perfect broadside shots
Half Bubble Off BD360

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am surprised you recovered that deer it does not look like a fatal wound at least not not fatal in the quick sense how far did the deer go?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

gerald strine wrote:I am surprised you recovered that deer it does not look like a fatal wound at least not not fatal in the quick sense how far did the deer go?
I tracked that deer by tiny blood drops & distrubed leaves fer half a mile. It jumped up on me & i shot it running about 20 yds used a slick trick mag 100 that took the wind out of his sails!
Half Bubble Off BD360