Lit-up nocks for GTII or Firebolts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Lit-up nocks for GTII or Firebolts?

Post by Pydpiper »

Last time I looked there were some issues with one of the brands, and I just can't remember which one it was.
I am going to build some new arrows for this season and want to try adjusting my current system to take lit nocks. I Use GTII's right now but have no problems switching to Firebolts if there is an ID difference.
What is everyone having luck with? I mean, what is proving to be the most reliable nock?
Thanks!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
gerald strine

Re: Lit-up nocks for GTII or Firebolts?

Post by gerald strine »

Hi Pydpiper
The fire bolts are a different diameter than other carbons and require a fire bolt specific lighted nock Burnt coyote luminock makes them I got fire bolts with out any rear insert from Danny Miller if you pull out a insert to install a lighted nock it pulls carbon fibers out with it so it is best to get a virgin shaft to use.
Danny has the luminocks also , I have shot them some lately and they are working fine and are very bright :idea:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

You can buy the firebolts with luminoks from luminok
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

If you care enough to send the very best---FIRENOCKS.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i use luminock also.i installed mine by myself.with the help of luminock and the people on here they really not that much to it.and they are very bright.give luminock a call they are very help full.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I haven't tried any other brands so I can't compare but I did install BC Lumenoks in the Firebolts I'll be using for hunting this year. I installed them in new shafts that already had nocks in them so I had to remove them before installing the Lumenoks. This was simple to do and the Lumenoks work perfectly and were easy to install. I used a new drill bit that was the same size as the I//D of the Firebolt to remove any excess glue left behind in the shaft after removing the nocks. I twisted it by hand, not in a drill, and I had no issues at all.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thanks guys. I will give the Luminocks and Firebolt combination a try. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Worriedman

Post by Worriedman »

j.krug wrote:I haven't tried any other brands so I can't compare but I did install BC Lumenoks in the Firebolts I'll be using for hunting this year. I installed them in new shafts that already had nocks in them so I had to remove them before installing the Lumenoks. This was simple to do and the Lumenoks work perfectly and were easy to install. I used a new drill bit that was the same size as the I//D of the Firebolt to remove any excess glue left behind in the shaft after removing the nocks. I twisted it by hand, not in a drill, and I had no issues at all.
Would you describe the method of removing the factory nocks, and can you give the size of the drill bit needed to dress the inside of the shaft?
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter of TFA
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I put Firenocks in some GTII's and they fit well but shooting them today I had inconsistent lightings.
Tenpoint Matrix
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I use either a .30 cal [can't recall]or .270 cal bronze bristle bore brush spun briefly in shaft w/ drill to clean interior of GT shafts. Works great.
"Eze 18:21"
pwweave94

Post by pwweave94 »

For those of you using the Lumenock just have a question. Was your POI the same as what it was with the factory knock on the Firebolt? Just dialed mine in with the Firebolts that came with my Excal. Thanks alot all!
Matrix 380 XTRA
Xcaliber Custom String
BEA arrows by Big John

Axiom Alluminum rail
Core Filled
FFF string
Luma Zone
S5 Dampners
Firebolts with Lumenoks
Rage Crossbow BH 125grains
Bushnell Rangefinder